Grades: 3-12 | 60 students
- Parkhill School operates exclusively with public revenues under contract with local public school districts.
- Districts refer students and fund school placement when there is no more appropriate program available in the student's local public school.
- Public revenues do not cover the total costs of services.
- Qualified, trained and caring staff works in partnership with parents, family members, community professionals, public and private agencies in a collaborative team approach.
- Emphasis is placed on creating a therapeutic instructional relationship between adult and student, which treats the individual student in his/her entirety, and allows for the maximum independent expression of one's humanity and developmental potential.
- The philosophy of Parkhill's Founders is implemented through a caring, personalized, therapeutic learning environment incorporating a strong, standards-based academic curriculum, which reinforces, promotes and challenges learning which commensurate with each student's abilities and interest.
- A highly structured, empirically-based school-wide behaviour management program and fully-integrated, professionally delivered, counseling support promotes self-direction, self-regulation, and mature emotional expression.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HillsGrades: PK-8 | 340 students
22450 Sherman Way
West Hills, CA 91307
Canoga ParkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
7644 Farralone Ave
Canoga Park, CA 91304
West HillsGrades: NS-8 | 256 students
7011 Shoup Avenue
West Hills, CA 91307
Canoga ParkGrades: KG-12 | 53 students
7357 Jordan Ave
Canoga Park, CA 91335
Canoga ParkGrades: K-8 | 181 students
22041 Gault St
Canoga Park, CA 91303
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.