- Parkway School is dedicated to the belief that the desire to learn is one of the strongest of all human drives, and that the most important responsibility of educators is to nurture this drive in a constructive and meaningful way.
- In order to fulfill this responsibility, we must remain true to the motto of the school: “Not for School, but for Life We Learn.” We think that learning is an integral part of an individual’s life experience.
- While the importance of traditional learning cannot be denied, Parkway School successfully adapts the curriculum to suit the needs of the individual child.
- Through this process the children have come to the realization that learning and understanding are very different from merely memorizing facts and reiterating them.
- By encouraging children to try things for themselves, and to explore and draw conclusions without fear of failure, we provide opportunities through which children come to value themselves, other people, ideas, responsibilities, and hard work.
- We view children as active participants in their own learning process and encourage them to develop in their own way.
- While we strive for a diverse community of children and faculty, we expect children to appreciate the unique qualities and contributions of themselves and others.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 272 students
1100 E 42nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11210
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 236 students
418 E 45th St
Brooklyn, NY 11203
BrooklynGrades: K-9 | 384 students
1346 President St
Brooklyn, NY 11213