Grades: 6-12 | 21 students
- The Pathways School Norwood operate seven therapeutic educational programs in Maryland's Anne Arundel, Montgomery and Prince George's counties for students aged 9 through 21 who have emotional and behavioral disabilities.
- Each school provides a unique, comprehensive, success-oriented alternative day program in a small family-oriented setting of not more than 40 students.
- Services at all seven programs include: individualized academic instruction, behavioral management programming, group instruction, crisis intervention, individual and group therapy and family support services.
- Transition support is provided as students return to public schools or enter the world of work.
- A comprehensive program of student activities, which include team sports, recreation, community service, field trips, outside speakers and character education is offered.
- In keeping with the Pathways mission, family activities are integrated into the school programs and include award presentations, holiday dinners, special social and athletic events and parent education workshops.
- Our goal is to enable students with emotional or behavioral disabilities to take responsibility for their lives and to become independent contributing members of our communities and society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.