Grades: PK-K | 23 students
- Peach Tree is a developmental program for children from 8 weeks to 6 years.
- It provides infant/toddler care, pre-school, kindergarten, day care, and a summer day camp.
- The setting is a refurbished house, with a backyard playground, small class groups, and a low child/teacher ratio.
- Peach Tree's educational philosophy encompasses both Montessori's and Piaget's theories of early childhood development.
- At Peach Tree we pride ourselves on our continuity of care and on the low turnover rate of both our staff and our children.
- One of the ways we achieve this is by giving families all the information they need before they leave their children in our care.
- Montessori's early childhood approach is based on her conception of the "absorbent mind," which from 0-3 years of age operates in an unconscious manner and from 3-6 years of age is developed with the child's growing awareness and active participation.
- The years from 3-6 are one phase of growth, with physical, intellectual, and psychological characteristics common to that whole period.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.