Grades: PK-8 | 116 students
- The mission of Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 is to educate children from Christian families for lives of obedient service to God, His kingdom and all mankind.
- The home, church and school work together, each mutually supporting the other.
- The belief was (and is) that our children should experience and gain an understanding of God's great love for them, and rely on His word as the foundation for all wisdom and learning.
- At PCS the truths of Scripture have provided a light and a path to teach students to understand our great God, His world, and their place in it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(School polo shirts required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,612|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Kindergarten / $6,043 Tuition for grades 1-4 / $6,612 Tuition for grades 5-8 / $6,936 3 Day Pre-K Per month 8:45 - 11:45 / $220 3 Day Pre-K per month 8:45 - 3:30 / $385 5 Day Pre-K per month 8:45 - 11:45 / $308 5 Day Pre-K Per Month 8|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sue Vander Ploeg, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Elaine DeHoogh|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Before and After school child care Before and After school child care,
- Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 teaches a Christian world view to all students. Our teachers are state certified and highly qualified. We offer a curriculum that intergrates Biblical teachings into every subject area throughout the school day. We offer an after school sports program for students in grades 5-8 with competition against other schools around the valley. We offer technology classes, library, yearbook (JH), drama (JH), art (K-8), Physical Education (K-8), instrumental music (4-8) vocal music (PK-8). with two music concerts (Dec and April). Our students and staff attend chapel twice a month and this years' school theme is "Servants for Christ."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhoenixGrades: K-8 | 826 students
3738 N 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85016
PhoenixGrades: PK-8 | 513 students
6300 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
PhoenixGrades: PK-12 | 346 students
11875 N. 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85028
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.