Grades: NS-5 | 405 students
- Phyl’s Academy is an independent coed school located in the historically rich, culturally diverse borough of Brooklyn.
- In our nurturing environment we have created an atmosphere to foster the development of each student as a whole - emotionally, intellectually, physically and socially.
- "Educating’ at Phyl’s Academy is about providing experience- based activities, with teacher as facilitator and students as scientists, artists, creators and discoverers of knowledge.
- Through hands on, cross-curricular activities, students collaborate and explore.
- As they learn, they intrinsically absorb life lessons and observe the value of seemingly abstract subjects in the greater world.
- Along with nurturing our students as complete beings, we strive to encourage solid values – confidence, caring, a respect for others, self-motivation and responsibility for one’s own learning.
- The school accommodates students from Nursery to Fifth Grade through fully accredited Early Childhood, Elementary School, After School, and Summer Camp programs.
- In addition to our well-rounded curriculum, our extra curricular programs provide opportunities for students to enhance their creativity, and expand their social and cultural awareness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||405 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 818 students
181 Lincoln Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
BrooklynGrades: PK-K | 28 students
3924 Church Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 1368 students
2937 86th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11223
BrooklynGrades: PK-5 | 182 students
661 Linden Blvd
Brooklyn, NY 11203
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 272 students
1100 E 42nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11210
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.