Pinecrest School is committed to providing an atmosphere that bolsters self-confidence and equips its students with the cognitive skills necessary to undertake and succeed in rigorous academic pursuits throughout their lives.
It strives to reinforce basic values such as honesty, integrity, respect for others, and an appreciation for diversity.
Involving families in the Pinecrest educational experience, low student-teacher ratios, caring and committed teachers, and a cohesive school community combine with a challenging, hands-on educational program to foster the development in students of high self-esteem, independence, and responsibility. Our ability to meet the individual needs of children enables each student to grow academically, socially, and emotionally at his or her own pace within a nurturing and supportive educational environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 Preschool Tuition: $6750/year // 2016-17 K-6 Tuition: $14850/year // before- & after-care fees additional|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Trisha Serven|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||K-Kids (elementary school branch of Kiwanis International) K-Kids (elementary school branch of Kiwanis International),
- Awarded "Best Private Elementary School" and "Best Private Preschool School" (2015), "Best Preschool" (2014) and "Best Summer Day Camp" (2013) in Washington Family Magazine Readers' Surveys.
- Foreign language (Spanish), music, physical education, computer, art and library classes are offered to students during the regular school day.
- Before-care starting at 7:30 a.m. is available to students in preschool - grade 6.
- After-care until 6 p.m. is available to students in preschool - grade 6.
- The campus includes two school buildings.
- The upper school building, opened in 2004, includes an arts/science lab, a computer lab, and a multipurpose assembly and indoor recreation space.
- A modern, new lower school building is scheduled to open in Winter 2017.
- Pinecrest Summer Pavilion summer camp program is available to rising K-6 students in morning, afternoon, or full-day sessions (with optional before-care starting at 7:45 a.m. and after-care until 6 p.m); it is available to 4-year-old preschoolers in morning-only sessions (no after-care); creative, themed classes available for all ages.
- After-school enrichment activities offered in fall, winter, and spring sessions.
- Pinecrest School is fully accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS)/AdvancED.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AnnandaleGrades: PK-8 | 208 students
7401 Saint Michaels Lane
Annandale, VA 22003
Falls ChurchGrades: NS-PK | 424 students
7506 Saint Philips Court
Falls Church, VA 22042
MiddleburgGrades: PK-8 | 246 students
130 South Madison St
Middleburg, VA 20117
Fairfax StationGrades: PK-12 | 225 students
6401 Missionary Ln
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
AlexandriaGrades: PK-K | 39 students
6481 Little River Tpk
Alexandria, VA 22312
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
We love Pinecrest School, and can't say enough wonderful things about it. The warm, caring environment is evident throughout the grades and the administration is wonderful. The teaching and curriculum is fantastic. Ultimately, we chose Pinecrest after looking at no less than other 6 private schools priced from $5,000 - $30,000 per year, and chose Pinecrest for the following reasons: * Rigorous academics * Small Class size * Positive social and emotional environment * An appreciation for diversity * Spanish starting in preschool * High level of parent involvement, and the families are all so warm and friendly * Their test scores are off the charts. (see the 1st bullet) * It strives to reinforce basic values such as honesty, integrity, respect for others * A wonderful teaching and administrative staff that makes it all happen, starting with the Head of School * Oh, and we love their Pinecrest Summer Pavilion (summer camp) too! We couldn't be happier and highly recommend it to those looking for a nurturing environment with strong academics. P.S. Pinecrest is, in the next 2-3 years, planning to replace the "lower school" building as it has been well-loved and it's time for a replacement. Then, the outside of the school will be a better reflection of all the wonderful learning that goes on inside. We''re excited to be a part of this new chapter.
- Posted by Parent - ercro
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.