Grades: K-6 | 52 students
- Play Mountain Place was founded in Los Angeles by Phyllis Fleishman in 1949, to further the philosophy of self-motivated learning.
- Our mission is to provide a humanistic educational environment that is developmentally appropriate for each age group.
- Our curriculum is organic, child-initiated, and primarily experiential.
- A child's inherent desire to learn is acknowledged and facilitated, not forced or squelched.
- Curriculum addresses children's social and emotional development as well as their intellectual growth.
- In addition, we strive to encourage the empowerment of children, and respect for each other, ourselves and the environment.
- Children learn to be part of community, both small and global.
- We enroll the whole family, believing in the important role family dynamics and support play in children's growth and development.
- As a school, we strive to be a microcosm of the larger society, reflecting the diversity in the Los Angeles community.
- In addition to enrolling families of various ethnic, religious, cultural, and sexual orientations, we stress anti-bias and culturally sensitive curriculum in our daily program.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: K-8 | 342 students
16180 Mulholland Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Valley VillageGrades: K-12 | 1108 students
4533 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
Culver CityGrades: PK-8 | 425 students
8509 Higuera Street
Culver City, CA 90232
Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 650 students
3131 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Los AngelesGrades: KG-8 | 276 students
755 S Cochran Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.