Grades: K-6 | 52 students
- Play Mountain Place was founded in Los Angeles by Phyllis Fleishman in 1949, to further the philosophy of self-motivated learning.
- Our mission is to provide a humanistic educational environment that is developmentally appropriate for each age group.
- Our curriculum is organic, child-initiated, and primarily experiential.
- A child's inherent desire to learn is acknowledged and facilitated, not forced or squelched.
- Curriculum addresses children's social and emotional development as well as their intellectual growth.
- In addition, we strive to encourage the empowerment of children, and respect for each other, ourselves and the environment.
- Children learn to be part of community, both small and global.
- We enroll the whole family, believing in the important role family dynamics and support play in children's growth and development.
- As a school, we strive to be a microcosm of the larger society, reflecting the diversity in the Los Angeles community.
- In addition to enrolling families of various ethnic, religious, cultural, and sexual orientations, we stress anti-bias and culturally sensitive curriculum in our daily program.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Van NuysGrades: K-6 | 140 students
14702 Sylvan Street
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Los AngelesGrades: NS-12 | 852 students
3261 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Los AngelesGrades: 5-12 | 145 students
11801 Mississippi Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
West HollywoodGrades: PK-6 | 531 students
563 N Alfred St
West Hollywood, CA 90048
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.