Grades: PK-6 | 61 students
- Pleasant Hill Christian School serve Transitional-Kindergarten through 6th grade students with small class sizes.
- Students are taught in the tradition of the historical one room schoolhouse where individual learning is emphasized and social interaction between various grade levels is part of the daily routine.
- As a result of a favorable student to teacher ratio, all students are challenged in accordance with their individual abilities and encouraged to develop personal potentials to the maximum. Individual, small group, and whole class learning activities are all utilized to accomplish these objectives.
- The purpose of the educational program is the development of the whole child.
- Emphasis is placed on reading, math, language skills, history and science, as well as the arts and physical fitness.
- There is a daily emphasis on Christian character traits, Bible memory work and music.
- All students are challenged in accordance with their individual abilities and encouraged to develop personal potentials to the maximum.
- Respect for teachers, classmates and elders is expected.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,522|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aide Available|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dennis Bolt|
|Admissions Associate||Adria Poole|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Classes, Handbells, Music, Spanish, Technology Art Classes, Handbells, Music, Spanish, Technology,|
- Pleasant Hill Christian School began in the summer of 1982 as a result of the vision of two experienced and credentialed teachers. It was their desire to provide children with a challenging and exciting atmosphere for acquiring knowledge that would be conducive to the development of Christian character and spiritual development.As you read through our website, you will begin to understand what makes our school distinctive: an intimate, family-friendly environment where students are nurtured and challenged to develop their God-given gifts through a quality classical academic program. Additionally, it is our desire that each child develop his/her abilities to the fullest, not only academically, but also in character. We welcome families from all backgrounds who have a desire for individualized attention from the private school setting.Pleasant Hill students are engaged in a community where life-long learning is modeled by our faculty. Because our students are participants rather than spectators, leadership opportunities abound.PHCS is an outreach ministry of Occidental Community Church** with its own Board of Trustees, consisting of men and women dedicated to the concept of Christian education.PHCS is a dues-paying member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). The Association, in return, offers legal assistance, teacher and administrative conventions and curriculum resources.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SebastopolGrades: 9-12 | 44 students
P.o. Box 2079
Sebastopol, CA 95473
SebastopolGrades: K-8 | 39 students
7789 Healdsburg Ave
Sebastopol, CA 95472
SebastopolGrades: K-12 | 46 students
438 Eddie Ln
Sebastopol, CA 95472
SebastopolGrades: K-12 | 25 students
9360 Occidental Rd
Sebastopol, CA 95472
GratonGrades: K-12 | 33 students
Po Box 369
Graton, CA 95444
I am a parent and volunteer at PHCS. I have three boys in the pre-school through 5th grade and we love this school. It is a small school with teachers with decades of experience, which makes it feel like a loving, homey environment, while offering the kinds of extra things you want in a school: art, music/drama, speaking skills, science, spanish and PE. It has some real strong programs that most other local schools do not offer like National History Day participation, community involvement, outdoor education field trips, animals and gardening in the classroom and LOTS of parent interaction with the daily lives of the students. We home-schooled and did public school for a bit, but this is just the perfect blend.
- Posted by Parent - dpbol
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.