- The school aims to develop mentally, physically, and character.
- At Poly Prep, we believe in working toward the development of the whole person—health, mind, and character.
- We also believe that such an education can only be obtained within a diverse learning community.
- To this end, the school has dedicated itself to creating a genuinely heterogeneous student body, one that bridges differences and provides a vibrant and inclusive educational environment.
- When students from different backgrounds work, learn, and succeed together, individual learning is enhanced, as are the prospects for the well-being of the immediate community, and for our society as a whole.
- At Poly Prep, faculty, students, staff, parents, and alumni work together as a community of learners.
- For us, this community is defined largely by our unique status as a country day school in an urban setting.
- Students live and work together from early morning until after the school day ends.
- As educators, we consider it a duty and a privilege to bring together students from across the city and from every background, and to help them become responsible, thoughtful, active citizens.
- We believe that this kind of learning prepares them for success as participants in our democratic society and as members of the world community.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
BrooklynGrades: 9-12 | 771 students
500 19th St
Brooklyn, NY 11215
BrooklynGrades: PK-KG | 144 students
254 Hicks St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
BrooklynGrades: 9-12 | 552 students
2202 60th St
Brooklyn, NY 11204
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 1090 students
170 Joralemon St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.