Grades: NS-3 | 74 students
- Potomac Crescent Waldorf School's mission is to educate each individual child according to age and developmental stage so that learning and growth are united.
- In each school day our teachers employ the curriculum to address the child¡¯s whole being the mind, the artistic life, and the physical skills.
- Our teachers are dedicated to preserving and protecting the innate senses of wonder and reverence in childhood.
- We hire Waldorf trained teachers.
- We educate children, we welcome and encourage families to become involved and participate in our school¡¯s governing, fiscal, and social life.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition depends on class and schedule|
National avg.: 85%
- Potomac Crescent Waldorf School is devoted to educating children according Rudolf Steiner’s insights and pedagogy. We educate the whole child: head, heart, and hands. The individual child is at the center of all we do. In the pre-school we prepare the child for schoolwork by encouraging healthy play. In the grade school, our teachers aim to allow each child to grow gradually and naturally into the subjects they study, because then they will love what they learn. Committed to serve and reflect our locality of northern Virginia near the District of Columbia, the faculty work together as colleagues to allow the Waldorf approach to provide each child with a future-oriented education, in which lasting capacities and skills will serve the student for life.
- MissionPCWS realizes its vision through these actions:~ We educate each individual child according to age and developmental stage so that learning and growth are united. ~ In each school day our teachers employ the curriculum to address the child’s whole being: the mind, the artistic life, and the physical skills.~ Our teachers are dedicated to preserving and protecting the innate senses of wonder and reverence in childhood.~ We hire Waldorf-trained teachers.~ We are eager to welcome and serve families of all races, creeds, and economic levels.~ As we educate children, we welcome and encourage families to become involved and participate in our school’s governing, fiscal, and social life. ~ As colleagues we strive to honor one another’s work and gifts and to hold one another to the highest professional standards in order to create a healthy community of teachers and administrators around the children we are entrusted with educating.~ We take seriously the sustainable care of the Earth and of Nature in the fulfillment of our mission.
Profile last updated: 11/03/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlexandriaGrades: NS-5 | 118 students
3601 Russell Road
Alexandria, VA 22305
HerndonGrades: PK-8 | 570 students
13625 EDS Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 202 students
980 N Frederick Street
Arlington, VA 22205
ArlingtonGrades: NS-6 | 133 students
1031 N Vermont St
Arlington, VA 22201
ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 413 students
105 N. Thomas Street
Arlington, VA 22203
This is the only pre-school in Arlington, that fully operates in the Waldorf tradition and teaches with head, heart, and hands. The teachers honor the true spirit of the children and receive them with love, not mechanical curricula. My child couldn't be more loved and cared for in any school in Northern Virginia. He is safe and growing, and we have peace of mind. What more can a parent ask for?
- Posted by Parent - roula
Potomac Crescent Waldorf School is a very special place. The early childhood program provides the children with a true childhood, where they can explore imaginative play, help with work in the classrooms, and create beautiful art. In the grades, the teachers understand where each child is, and tailor their teaching accordingly. They integrate art, painting, stories, movement, and music into the learning so that the children learn their subjects deeply, and they develop many facets of themselves.
- Posted by Parent - jrgol
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.