Grades: PK-8 | 545 students
Middle School students participate in the School's BYOiPad program. Each student has his/her own iPad to complete class work and assignments. Other digital resources for learning include laptops, Smart Boards, and Apple TV.
Students in grades 6-8 participate in a wide variety of sports across three seasons. The Fall season includes Cross Country Football, Field Hockey and Volleyball. The Winter season includes Basketball, Soccer, Swimming and Wrestling. The Spring season includes Golf, Lacrosse and Track & Field.
Presbyterian School was founded on the premise that children should be educated in an environment that integrates the three major institutions in their lives: the Family, the School, and the Church.
Dedicated to strengthening the lives of children and their families, the School provides an educational program of the highest quality in a Christian environment.
Students are respected and treated as individuals of worth, and are encouraged to develop a sense of responsibility in relation to God, to themselves, to others, to their environment and to the world in which they live. At Presbyterian School, children are given the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential-intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually-in a supportive yet challenging environment.
The school`s curriculum is developmentally appropriate, respecting the individual learning styles and capabilities of each child, and accommodates children`s different talents and rates of growth and development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Go to www.pshouston.org/School Uniform to view dress code requirements.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 20 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $12,160-$22,145 depending upon grade level.|
|Admissions Director||Kristin Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Ryan Hertlein|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Classes, Choir, Odyssey of the Mind Choir, After School Classes,
Odyssey of the Mind,
- The founding purpose of Presbyterian School, established in 1989, was and remains to provide families with a "Christ-centered learning environment in which the total family will experience support and growth." For more than two decades, Presbyterian School has fostered the unique and wonderful mixture of intellect, emotion, talent, and spirit in children while challenging them to become caring, compassionate citizens of their School, family, community, and world. That children should be educated in an environment integrating the three major institutions in their lives (the Family, the School, and the Church) is counter-cultural today. However, that was the simple and essential message of the School at its founding, and this mission still guides us in powerful ways here in the first part of the 21st Century.
- Anchored in this mission, children at Presbyterian School develop to their fullest potential - intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually - in a supportive and challenging environment. Students are treated as individuals of worth and are encouraged to develop a sense of responsibility in relation to God, to others, to the world in which they live, and, ultimately, to themselves.
- The School's program is rooted in 21st Century skills and habits of mind that appeal to a diversity of learners who acquire these skills and habits in different ways and at different rates. Talented and caring teachers regularly assess each child's development and, drawing upon their own acumen and experiences, employ those techniques most likely to touch and inspire individual learners.
- Parents are vital to any child`s development, so Presbyterian School offers parent education programs designed to help parents understand the 21st Century`s exciting educational milieu. At the same time and using Christian principles, the School`s programs also support parents through the moral and spiritual dilemmas facing families today as well as with timeless issues faced by all parents throughout the ages.
- Finally, Presbyterian School seeks to help its students understand and believe, at the simplest yet deepest level, that God loves them unconditionally. Children of all races, ethnic groups, and religious backgrounds are welcome and will be encouraged to develop their spiritual identities and their love of God in a Christ-centered environment.We are a school that believes in the clarity of our mission, identity, and vision and that who we are and what we do is captured succinctly and purposefully in the phrase: Confidence in every Child. Our students will come to anticipate-even welcome-the next challenge with energy, acuity, and confidence. Along the way each will come to appreciate that, by accepting the challenges of going too far-to paraphrase T.S. Eliot-one discovers how very far one can go.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 855 students
2300 Willowick Rd
Houston, TX 77027
PearlandGrades: NS-4 | 160 students
12006 Shadow Creek Pkwy
Pearland, TX 77584
HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 444 students
2120 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77098
HoustonGrades: K-5 | 32 students
3810 Ruth St
Houston, TX 77004
HoustonGrades: PK-K | 29 students
3129 Southmore Blvd
Houston, TX 77004