- Preston High School is a private college-preparatory school for young women, established in 1947 by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion.
- Located in the Throgs Neck section of the Bronx, and situated on the banks of the East River, the natural environment provides a unique setting for study and recreation.
- Preston seeks to promote the integration of formal learning, real world experience, and social responsibility with Christian faith and practice.
- School-wide goals are aimed at fostering the intellectual life, cultivating a confident posture in personal and interactive pursuits, and facilitating the maturation of distinct gifts and talents.
- As these are addressed within a strong community context, they simultaneously foster a social consciousness and responsibility, and a positive interpersonal dynamic.
- Holistic development which addresses the intellectual, spiritual, emotional and physical dimensions of life is the theme that integrates academic and co-curricular programs and encourages a liberation of mind and spirit that enables lifelong learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||569 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Julia Wall|
|Admissions Associate||Farrah Couch|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
1725 Castle Hill Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 613 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 696 students
2250 Williamsbridge Rd
Bronx, NY 10469
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 362 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458