Grades: K-12 | 646 students
Providence is the first school in a 9 county radius to execute a progressive STEM program for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Taught by a Cornell educated professor.
Kindergarten is full throttle here at Providence! Two recesses each day and 11 field trips throughout the year!
Providence Christian Academy is a unique mid-sized K-12 interdenominational Christian school in the Atlanta area, offering an accredited, college prep program that rivals larger schools while providing more personal attention and the comfortable fit of a smaller student body.
Providence has been awarded the Best Private High School in Gwinnett County 3 years running.
As a parent-sponsored school, Providence Christian Academy is more than an academic institution, but a community of believers, consisting of Christian parents in partnership with Christian educators to help young people develop their God-given gifts and abilities.
High standards in academic, athletic, and fine art achievements and spiritual growth have been the hallmarks of Providence for more than 20 years. For more information, please call 770-279-7200 or visit www.providencechristianacademy.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Georgia Accrediting Commission
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences; ADHD|
|Total Students||646 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Lit & Composition, AP European History, AP Portfolio Art/Drawing, AP Spanish IV, AP Statistics, AP US History, Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors American Lit & Compostion, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors Economics, Honors English 9, Honors English Lit & Composition, Honors Geometry, Honors Government, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish II, Honors Spanish III, Honors World Lit & Composition,|
|Average SAT score||1751|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Uniform from the waist up and dress code from the waist down)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kim Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Ensemble, Axis--Worship Leading, Boy's Discipleship, Chess Club, Choir, Dance Team, Drama Club, French Club, Girl's Discipleship, High School Band, International Thespian Society, National Honor Society, Orff Ensemble, Patrols, Pep Band, Praise Band, Seventh Grade Band, Sixth Grade Band, Spanish Club, Student Ambassador Program, Student Council, Yearbook, table tennis Chess Club, Choir, Dance Team, Drama Club, French Club, Orff Ensemble, Patrols, Pep Band, Praise Band, Spanish Club, Yearbook, table tennis, Advanced Ensemble,
High School Band,
International Thespian Society,
National Honor Society,
Seventh Grade Band,
Sixth Grade Band,
Student Ambassador Program,
- Facilities include elementary and high school buildings, two gymnasiums, a brand new athletic complex and a field house located on 35 acres.
- Providence uses the Orten-Gillingham multi-sensory program in the elementary school.
- Admissions decisions are based upon the application process, standardized test results, previous academic records and an interview.
- Nationally certified STEM program for all K-12 grade levels.
- Students grades 7-12 receive ChromeBooks for use as an academic tool. Grades K-6 use an iPad and ChromeBook mobile lab in preparation for eventual use in later grades.
- Students who graduate from PCA complete a rigorous, traditional college-prep curriculum, which includes fine arts, the humanities, the sciences and four years of Biblical studies. We have a 100% college acceptance rate.
- In addition, each student contributes to the community by providing fifteen hours of service.
- A full range of guidance services are provided to help students with class scheduling, scholarship opportunities, college applications, standardized testing, academic records and effective counseling.
Profile last updated: 04/21/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LilburnGrades: K-12 | 368 students
151 Arcado Road Sw
Lilburn, GA 30047
LoganvilleGrades: PK-12 | 328 students
3425 Loganville Highway, SW
Loganville, GA 30052
NorcrossGrades: PK-12 | 1920 students
1575 Indian Trail Rd
Norcross, GA 30093
LoganvilleGrades: K-12 | 45 students
3156 Langley Road
Loganville, GA 30052
DuluthGrades: PK-8 | 157 students
2959 Duluth Highway 120
Duluth, GA 30096