Grades: K-12 | 171 students
Head of School Susan Oweis, VA Gazette's Best Principal in Williamsburg, lead the school's first assembly of the school year.
Rhetoric student describing summer travel to Italy, a program offered through the Society for Classical Learning.
- Providence Classical School is well known for its outstanding academic program and is the only classical, Christian school in Williamsburg.
- PCS nurtures a child's love of learning and equips them with the tools to think and live as strong Christians.
- We invite you to come and see how our students are embracing the classical method of learning, tour the school, meet the staff and review our curriculum.
- You will be amazed at the extraordinary things our students are doing and learning at Providence Classical School!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Parental contracts with NILD, teacher support|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1644|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants and logo polo shirt, Plaid skirt/jumper)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for admission and tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Susan Oweis|
|Admissions Associate||Tricia Klock|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AdTech, Archery Club, Art Lessons, Band, Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Choir and Voice, Classical Drama (6-12), Drama (2-5), Girl Scouts, Jump Rope Club, Liturgical Dance, Moms in Touch, Piano Lessons, Science Club, Tennis Lessons, Yearbook AdTech, Archery Club, Art Lessons, Band, Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Drama (2-5), Girl Scouts, Jump Rope Club, Moms in Touch, Piano Lessons, Science Club, Tennis Lessons, Yearbook, Choir and Voice,
Classical Drama (6-12),
- At PCS, our teachers and staff really get to know your child. We love, cherish and encourage them to reach their full God-given potential. PCS features: • Kindergarten (half and full day) through 12th grade • Acclaimed curriculum, classically taught: math, science, phonics/reading, grammar, writing, Bible, history, Latin beginning in 3rd grade, and for upper grades, logic, debate, Greek, advanced math, Humane Letters and more. • Small classes: a maximum class size of 15 students in K; 18 in other classes • Creative play time and reading centers for younger grades and recess for all grades • Accelerated learner options • Weekly art and music classes • Daily classical "Memory Period" • Weekly Chapel with guest speakers • Prayer Buddy student mentor program, matching older students with young ones ABOUT CLASSICAL EDUCATION It's an educational system that has produced some of the finest minds in the world -- from St. Augustine and Patrick Henry to Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Marie Curie and many others. Classical education is a method of teaching built on centuries of proven techniques that prepare students to become self directed learners who can think for themselves. In classical education, learning is structured according to the natural stages of child development. This enables students to gain knowledge, understanding, and wisdom at age appropriate stages as they progress through the curriculum. The results are simply phenomenal, with each grade at Providence Classical regularly scoring in the top 15 percent of standardized achievement tests.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WilliamsburgGrades: PK-12 | 221 students
101 Schoolhouse Lane
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Newport NewsGrades: PK-12 | 664 students
739 Academy Lane
Newport News, VA 23602
WilliamsburgGrades: PK-12 | 462 students
Po Box 8702
Williamsburg, VA 23187
Newport NewsGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
13010 Mitchell Point Road
Newport News, VA 23602
YorktownGrades: PK-12 | 208 students
4209 Big Bethel Road
Yorktown, VA 23693
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.