- Queen of Peace Catholic Academy is a member of the Florida Catholic Conference & National Catholic Education Association.
- The campus is located in SW Gainesville on 27 beautifully landscaped acres which includes the elementary & middle school, church, sports field, basketball & tennis courts, a state of the art media center & gymnasium.
- In a loving & supportive environment, QPA strives toward superior academic excellence where the needs of the child are enveloped in developmentally appropriate practices.
- We provide an environment where each student can discover his or her own gifts & abilities in an atmosphere where ideas can be expressed, respected, & challenged.
- QPA's curriculum is a diverse program that is offered in a small class environment which enables us to strengthen & enrich our student's personal love of learning.
- We are proud to offer our students not only an excellent curriculum, but many enriching programs.
- Queen of Peace Catholic Academy is truly the school where "Faith and Education Unite!".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Please see school website for dress code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see school website for tuition cost.|
|Admissions Director||Darlene Coogan|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Fencing,
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Art Club, Band, Band Ministry, Chess Club, Chinese, Choir, Debate Club, Debate Team, Drama, Duke Tip Program, Lego Club, Math Team, Music Ministry, National Jr. Honor Society, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, Science Club, Science Fair, Spanish, Strings, Yearbook Club Art, Art Club, Band, Band Ministry, Chess Club, Chinese, Choir, Debate Club, Debate Team, Drama, Lego Club, Math Team, Music Ministry, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, Science Club, Science Fair, Spanish, Strings, Yearbook Club, Duke Tip Program,
National Jr. Honor Society,
- Queen Of Peace Catholic Academy scores in the top %10 in the Nation on the ITBS scores. Classes offered at the Academy are as follows: Chinese, Spanish, Art, Technology, Music, Music Appreciation, Band, Media, Physical Education and Advanced Math.
- What does a Catholic Education mean for your child-A Catholic Education means collegebound peers. The vast majority of all elementary and secondary Catholic school students go to college. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of Catholic Secondary school students graduate and ninety seven percent (97%) go to college. At Catholic Schools preparation for college is a clear goal that both parent, teacher and student embrace.
- The best way to understand why Queen of Peace Catholic Academy is an academically successful prep school for students of all types of learning styles is to see our students in the classroom and meet our teachers. Our curriculum is a dynamic, hands on program that promotes personal character and a united love of learning. We encourage visits from prospective students and their families. Visits are designed for you to learn more about the Academy in order to provide you with the opportunity to assess the benefits of our school as they pertain to your child`s academic and personal needs. We are currently accepting new students.
- Standardized Testing-Why do we take the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) instead of the FSA/EOC. The FSA/EOC is designed only to assess how students are meeting the Florida Sunshine State standards. There are no national comparisons, no connection to cognitive abilities, and high stakes are based solely on accountability. The ITBS is a norm-referenced test based on the National Standards. Score norms are based on all students in the country who took the same test in the same grade. The ITBS provides feedback on how effectively our teaching methods are preparing your children for high school on a national level. The ITBS test is research based and built on 80 years of study.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GainesvilleGrades: PK-8 | 359 students
550 Ne 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
GainesvilleGrades: PK-12 | 783 students
8009 Sw 14th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32607
GainesvilleGrades: NS-12 | 290 students
9818 SW 24th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32607
GainesvilleGrades: K-6 | 369 students
7715 Sw 14th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32607
GainesvilleGrades: NS-8 | 235 students
8505 Nw 39th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32606