Grades: NS-6 | 892 students
- Montessori is a philosophy and method of education which emphasizes the potential of the very young child, and which develops his potential by utilizing specially trained teachers and special teaching materials.
- Montessori education recognizes in the child a natural curiosity and desire to learn, while Montessori materials awaken this desire and channel his curiosity into a learning experience which the child enjoys.
- Montessori materials help the child to understand what he learns, by associating an abstract concept with a concrete sensorial experience.
- In this manner, Montessori is actually learning and not just memorizing.
- The Montessori Method stresses that children learn and progress at their own pace.
- Fast learners are not held back, and slow learners are not frustrated by their inability to keep up.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||892 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1
National avg.: 13:1
- Founded in 1976, Rainbow Montessori began on a small school site in Campbell. Operations expanded over the years to include six more small school sites located across the South Bay Area. In the mid-80's, those seven small schools were consolidated into three larger schools, which were eventually consolidated into the current site, located on the former campus of Sunnyvale High School. Our current site affords us the space to provide care and education for over 900 children, ranging in age from six weeks to 12 years. The Montessori program is utilized in all preschool, kindergarten, and elementary classrooms.
Profile last updated: 01/13/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CampbellGrades: PK-8 | 141 students
90 E Latimer Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008
SaratogaGrades: PK-8 | 391 students
13601 Saratoga Ave.
Saratoga, CA 95070
San JoseGrades: NS-K | 95 students
1170 Foxworthy Avenue
San Jose, CA 95118
Los GatosGrades: PK-8 | 315 students
300 Marchmont Dr
Los Gatos, CA 95032
San JoseGrades: PK-8 | 348 students
300 O'Connor Drive
San Jose, CA 95128
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.