Grades: 6-12 | 249 students
Ready For The World Rancho Solano Preparatory School, a member of the Meritas family of schools, is a PK-12 international learning community for high achieving students. Since 1954, Rancho Solano's small class sizes, highly trained and passionate teachers, personalized academic curricula and wide range of course offerings at all levels have helped students develop the character and competitive edge they need to excel in college and beyond.
Our stimulating educational environment is strengthened through its diverse and vibrant student community, specialized academic and enrichment programs, and state-of-the-art facilities and technology.
We cultivate in our students the ingenuity to thrive in a global society and to be architects of their future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1829|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Scott Salk|
|Admissions Associate||Kaitlyn Myzwinski|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Computer Programming, Drama, Entrepreneurial, Honors Choir, Jazz Band, Key Club, Math, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Pep Band, Pre-Med, Science Fair, String Quartet, Student Council, Various Afterschool Athletic Clubs Drama, Honors Choir, Jazz Band, Key Club, Math, Pep Band, Pre-Med, Science Fair, String Quartet, Computer Programming,
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Various Afterschool Athletic Clubs,
Set foot on any Rancho Solano campus and you will instantly feel excitement for learning and a sense of community. Our students are eager and focused; our teachers are passionate about instruction. Student potential is unlocked.
This is what makes Rancho Solano special:
- We are committed to the development of the whole child. Each student receives a tailored Personal Learning Plan. Our challenging academic programs encourage students to stretch and grow while providing the support children need.
- Students are engaged and motivated as they participate in advanced academics, fine and performing arts, athletics, extracurricular activities and service learning opportunities.
- Teachers and staff creates an environment of respect, integrity, and accountability. They encourage questions, reward curiosity, and promote the free exchange of ideas.
- Our International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme positions students for success at the university level and beyond. The IB Diploma Programme is recognized worldwide for its academic rigor.
- Our campus is home to exchange students from around the world and local students of different backgrounds, nationalities and interests. The ideals of global-mindedness and respect for cultural and social diversity are at the core of both the IB philosophy and Rancho Solano`s long commitment to developing global citizens.
- We belong to the Meritas International Family of Schools, which benefits both students and faculty. Meritas brings us best practices in education, travel opportunities, and collaboration with the finest preparatory schools in the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Paradise ValleyGrades: NS-8 | 151 students
4800 E Doubletree Ranch Rd
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
ChandlerGrades: 9-12 | 588 students
1150 N. Dobson Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
33401 N. 56th ST
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
GilbertGrades: PK-12 | 770 students
3632 E. Jasper Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85296
ScottsdaleGrades: 6-12 | 17 students
Po Box 3828
Scottsdale, AZ 85271
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.