Grades: NS-8 | 557 students
MISSION STATEMENT: LEAD CHILDREN TO Love Jesus.
MISSION ASSOCIATED SCRIPTURE: 1 John 4:19 - We love because he loved us first.
VISION STATEMENT: Our vision is to lead students to develop an eternal relationship with Jesus, to become passionate life-long learners, and to demonstrate leadership in service and care to others. Redeemer Lutheran School offers Preschool, Elementary School, Middle School, and Concordia High School is our affiliate (shuttle bus service provided).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||High School Algebra I, High School Communication Applications, High School Health, High School Spanish I,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School shirts with uniform khaki or navy pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,900|
|Tuition Notes||K-5 $5750 6-8 $6000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,250|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Stephanie Palmer|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chapel, Garden Club, Lego Robotics Competition, Middle School Fall Musical, Music Class, National Jr. Honor Society, Physical Education, Private School Interscholastic Association, Student Council Art, Chapel, Garden Club, Music Class, Lego Robotics Competition,
Middle School Fall Musical,
National Jr. Honor Society,
Private School Interscholastic Association,
- MISSION & VISION: Our mission is simple. Love Jesus. Love Learning. Love Others.
- CORE VALUES: Christ-Centered Learning to support foundational moral compass.Whole Child Development (Spirit, Intellectual, Physical, Emotional, and Social).Academic Excellence for high school, college and real-world preparation.Loving Relationships within a Loving Environment by a Loving Staff.Encouraging enrichment of individualized God given gifts within each child.Unique and Individualization attention for children.
- EDUCATIONAL VALUES: Redeemer Lutheran School is distinctively different from other schools. These are some things that distinguish us from most schools and how we apply our mission:
- LOVE JESUS. Knowing Jesus Christ as a loving Savior and recognizing the importance of forgiveness and grace for all is the most important life lesson we can pass on to our students. Learn more about Spiritual Life and Statement of Faith here.
- LOVE LEARNING. We know play is vital to a child`s development. We partnered with The University of Texas for 32 years to research the benefits of play. Our 3 age-appropriate state-of-the-art playgrounds attest to that belief.Academic rigors and key to student success in the 21st century.Daily physical education stimulates the brain andpositively affects life-long health and well-being. The American Diabetes Association finds that less than 4% of elementary students have daily physical education.Music is fundamental for children`s growth and development. Music helps develop higher thinking skills, better coordination, and improves children`s ability to work with math and science. Our elementary students have music classes twice a week, as well as choir instruction. Band and choir electives are also offered in middle school.Reading is a readiness issue. Children will blossom when they are ready to read, and together with our reading resource teacher, we work with students at their various stages of development. Spanish is a necessary language in Texas. Age-appropriate Spanish curriculum begins with our 2-year-olds and culminates with a High School Spanish I credit when they complete 8thgrade.Competition is good for boys and girls to prepare them for life. Our students have the opportunity to participate in athletic, academic, and fine arts competitions.Education should be experiential. We bring the world to our students through interactive participation through SMART Boards in all rooms. Our students go out into the world to learn by taking field trips, including overnight trips in 5th-8thgrades.Environmental education is a key component of our science curriculum. Our nationally recognized nature and hydroponic gardens provide children a hands-on opportunity to care for and respect the environment.
- LOVE OTHERS. Respect and care for others is an attribute we aspire to develop in each student. Opportunities for children to learn and practice caring for others are integrally woven throughout a child`s time at RLS by encouraging regular donations to charities supporting a variety of needs, and with activities such as growing herbs for the Meals on Wheels Program, working with the school for the blind, and connecting with the Fikisha Street Ministry in Kenya.
- THEME FOR 2016-2017: RESCUED. I trust your love, and I feel like celebrating because you rescued me. Psalm 13:5
- NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION CLAUSE: Redeemer Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, or religious affiliation, to all rights, privileges, programs and activities available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, scholarship, athletic, or other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AustinGrades: K-12 | 1000 students
3230 Travis Country Circle
Austin, TX 78735
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 702 students
11908 N Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78753
TempleGrades: PK-12 | 418 students
4141 W FM 93
Temple, TX 76502
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 611 students
12124 Ranch Rd 620 North
Austin, TX 78750
AustinGrades: NS-8 | 161 students
3407 Red River Street
Austin, TX 78705