- Founded in 1979 by Pastor John Massey, Jr., Redemption Christian Academy (RCA) provides quality education in an affordable structured, Christian environment.
- He believed that in the right environment, any student, regardless of race, sex, or background, could achieve academic excellence.
- RCA provides a strong academic foundation to help hard-working, motivated students reach their ne plus ultra.
- RCA has welcomed international students from around the world from countries which include: Switzerland, Venezuela, the Bahamas, Korea, France, the Dominican Republic, Greece, Canada, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ghana, Liberia, Belgium, Jamaica, Bahamas, and others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Medium to High-Functioning Autism, and other mild learning differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP European History, AP Government, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP United States History, Diverse College Dual Enrollment Courses|
|Average SAT score||1500|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(RCA uniform. For boy)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,500|
|Tuition Notes||7,000 day students 19,500 five day boarding students 24,500 seven day domestic boarding students 28,000 seven day international boarding students Tuition includes tuition, room, and board. Individual associated fees may range from $50-3,000.|
|Admissions Director||Sandra Luraas|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Activities Planning Board (APB), Agricultural Engineering, Goodway Culinary Institute, Nature Club, Soap Club, Student Leadership Nature Club, Soap Club, Activities Planning Board (APB),
Goodway Culinary Institute,
- Why RCA?
- Safe, structured environment
- Uniquely Affordable
- Family atmosphere
- College dual enrollment
- Advanced placement courses
- Academic excellence since 1979
- OPEN AND ROLLING ENROLLMENT
- Immediate enrollment available for Credit Recovery
- Summer academic and recreational programs
- Agricultural Engineering program
- We Unwrap the Labels (for I.E.P. students)
- 95% of all our graduates go on to college
- Small class sizes
- One-on-one tutoring
- STEAM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
- International student body
- Special dietary needs accommodated (diabetes, gluten free, vegetarian)
- Career Development Program
- Entrepreneurial Internship Program
- Located near major colleges and universities
- Nationally competitive basketball program
- ESL instruction
- "If you value peace of mind and trust, then RCA is for your family! We are a blue collar, family-oriented institution which emphasizes old time values! At RCA we NURTURE and CULTIVATE your child!"
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GillGrades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
GillGrades: 7-9 | 8 students
54 French King Hwy
Gill, MA 01354
BernardstonGrades: PK-6 | 43 students
21 Parmenter Rd
Bernardston, MA 01337
GreenfieldGrades: 7-12 | 154 students
574 Bernardston Road
Greenfield, MA 01301
GreenfieldGrades: K-9 | 93 students
10 Beacon St
Greenfield, MA 01301
Redemption Christian Academy is a life-changing establishment. Moments before submitting this review (which I proudly have personal firsthand experience to do so) I read a quote from one of my Facebook's news feeds. It stated "I always wondered why somebody didn't do something about that, then I realized I am somebody". Most students who have attended Redemption Christian Academy refer to it as the "RCA Family". Reason being, it is much more than a school. The RCA founder, staff, and other numerous associates are the somebodies who create somebody. They are the somebodies, who do something, about that. Whatever the "that" is in a child's life, they help nurture and guide it into its ne plus ultra (highest apex) of what it can be. Redemption Christian Academy is a school of quality. It possesses quality of education. It possesses quality of care & guidance academically, spiritually, and athletically. Lastly, it possesses a quality which has become the missing link in most educational institutions today. RCA poses love.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mkt4c
I graduated from Redemption Christian Academy (RCA) in 1996. I concur with the RCA motto, "RCA is more than a school...it's preparation for life." The education at RCA goes beyond academics. It is a place to be nurtured naturally and spiritually. In addition to quality academics, each student is taught how to conduct oneself as a productive member of society, have respect for oneself and others, maintain structure and discipline beyond the classroom, continuously strive for excellence, never settle for average- naturally or spiritually, and keep Christ in the center and at the forefront of all we do. At RCA, no student will "fall through the cracks." Each student is given personal attention and whatever help necessary for them to excel. The RCA staff unfailingly gives of themselves in nurturing, loving, and caring for all students as if their own family. RCA is a family, not determined by natural means, but rather by the love of Christ. RCA produces a profound impact on the lives of each individual; oftentimes changing the course of a life from a dire path to a favorable outcome. No price tag can be put on a student's time at RCA. You get so much at RCA for so little money.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ladoc
I am a prospective parent wanting to send my 7th grade son to RCA. We live in Arizona and I think the most scariest thing for me is sending him to boarding school in Massachusetts. I want him to receive a quality education because Arizona has failed in so many ways and I think the strategies have become "labeling" students esp. black male students who struggle in school so it doesn't impact the school district negatively. I want to "unwrap the labels" for my son but I know I need the assistance of RCA. I don't know what can be more comforting and confirming to know that RCA is available. I am a single mother of 4 sons and I am nervous but excited about applying to RCA. Any pointers from parents who have been in my situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
- Posted by Parent - adria
Both of my children attended Redemption Christian Academy and came away with values, structure, skills, and a perspective that have wonderfully shaped their adult lives.
- Posted by Parent - slura
The changes that have occurred in my children have been noted! I''m pleased with the overall results and grades of my children! No regrets!
- Posted by Parent - danie
Love the positive affect this school has had on my children! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see a positive change in their child! Thanks Redemption!
- Posted by Parent - danie
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.