Let German School Washington Dc know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Established in 1961 as the first government supported German
School in North America
- Accredited by the Conference of Ministers of Education, Federal
Republic of Germany
- Approved by the Department of Education, Maryland
- Member of the Association of Independent Schools of Greater
- Multinational student body representing approximately 15
- Instructional Languages: German; English program for native
History is taught in English, while History and
Geography have bilingual sequences in grades 7-9
Other Languages: French, Spanish and Latin
German curriculum (Free State of Thuringia)
Approximately 75 teachers most with advanced degrees
Students have the option of taking a variety of courses at the
Advanced Placement (AP) level.
Diplomas: Abitur, which qualifies students for entry into
German and European universities.
The Abitur is recognized
worldwide, and American colleges typically grant students advanced
High School Diploma requires 24 academic units.
4 credits • Math: 4 credits • Foreign Languages: 5
credits • Sciences: 3.5 credits • Social Studies: 3.5
credits • Fine Arts: 2 credits • Sports: 2 credits
Universities that have accepted our graduates include: •
American University • Brown University • Carnegie Mellon
University • Catholic University • Cornell University
• Duke University • Georgetown University • Harvard
University • Johns Hopkins University • Princeton
University • Stanford University • United States Air
Force Academy • University of Virginia • Yale