Let Mills College Childrens School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- To provide high-quality, developmentally appropriate educational programs for children from infancy through fifth grade
- To provide a clinical setting in which students preparing for careers working with young children can observe and participate in the application of theory into practice
- To facilitate educational research opportunities that engage participants in the process of investigation, reflection, and documentation
Our Core Values
- Children learn by building their own understanding of the world around them; the teacher’s role is to nurture that process in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Teaching and learning occur in collaborative relationships with parents, teachers, faculty, and students.
- Everyone learns best in a safe, supportive context with tolerance for a diversity of opinions and experiences.
- Reflection and critical thinking are seen at all levels—from discussions, explanations, and presentations by our children to ongoing research and investigations by our student teachers, head teachers, and professors.
In our multi-age classrooms, children learn to appreciate their own increasing competencies while sistaffmultaneously developing a strong sense of community.
- a strong social-emotional componentcultivating readers and writers, mathematicians, and scientists
- learning environments designed to reflect our philosophy
- integrated curriculum in language arts, math, science, visual and dramatic arts, music and movement, and physical education
MCCS provides an exciting, rich, and accessible education for children and adults in a unique setting that offers access to the academic and artistic aspects of a college campus.