Let The Pathfinder School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES - In our classrooms, we emphasize deep understanding of varying concepts through experience-based learning while employing the Multiple Intelligences pedagogy developed by Howard Gardner. There is a constant flow of new information on how the human brain operates, how it differs in function between genders, how emotions impact intellectual acuity, even on how genetics and environment each impact our children’s cognitive abilities. While each area of study has its merits, Howard Gardner of Harvard University identified different KINDS of intelligence we possess.
- The only accredited independent day school serving Pre-Kindergarten - 8th Grade students
- Fully accredited by the Independent School Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- Small classes and personal attention; Individualized instruction with a student:faculty ratio of 8 to 1
- Dedicated teachers whose real-life field experience adds relevance to classroom instruction
- An engaging and responsive curriculum built on the proven principles of experiential education
- Recognized increasingly as a destination school, attracting families from across the country
- A 22-acre wooded campus brimming with learning opportunities nestled on the shores of Cedar Lake and Grand Traverse Bay
- Many opportunities for parental involvement including an active parents’ association, community building activities, and adult education
- Centrally and conveniently located 3 miles from downtown Traverse City at the base of the Leelanau Peninsula
- A school culture that honors diversity in its many forms and promotes civility: our school admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin
- A GREEN CERTIFIED SCHOOL with a robust compost, recycling and no waste program for our students to experience and learn from.
PLEASE NOTE: The YouTube videos you see at the bottom of this page ARE NOT FOR OUR SCHOOL.