Let The King's Academy know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
2. Join a Campus Tour: Scheduled tours are every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m. However, we are happy to accomodate your schedule if neither of these days will work for you. Please contact the Admissions Office Assistant, Marissa Lockett, at email@example.com or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
3. Encourage Your Student to Shadow: Shadow Days are every Tuesday and Friday at 8:10 a.m. Your student will be assigned to a student host who has been specifically selected and trained for this important role. Visiting students will shadow in the grade for which they are applying. The assigned host will be the same gender as your student. To arrange for your child to shadow, please contact Marissa Lockett, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
4. Submit an Application: Applications for the 2014-2015 school year are now online here, Priority Application Deadline: Friday, January 24, 2014; Late Application Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2014
5. Schedule the Admissions Exam: All prospective students are required to take an admissions exam. You will indicate your preferred testing date on the application. Exams will take place at The King’s Academy. Your student may take the exam on the following date or by arrangement. You will receive notification and details concerning the admissions testing approximately two weeks prior to the test date you selected online. Saturday, January 11, 2014 Saturday, February 1, 2014 Students will be tested using standardized testing materials covering vocabulary, reading comprehension, and math. Students will also be asked to write an essay. Applicants must score in the 55th percentile or higher to be scheduled for an interview.
6. Attend an On-Campus Interview: After the admissions exam has been scored and all documents have been received, qualifying students will be scheduled for an interview. The applicant and both parent(s) or guardian(s) are expected for the interview. The interview is a time for us to learn more about your family and for you to gain a better understanding of The King’s Academy. Interviews will not be scheduled until all application paperwork has been submitted. 5. Await the Admissions Decision Following the interview, our Admissions Committee will meet to consider all applications. Students will be notified by mail of the Admissions Committee decision in mid-March.
7. Take the Math Placement Exam: Students who are accepted to The King’s Academy will be required to take a math placement exam on Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. The student’s score on this test will determine their math placement for the 2014-2015 school year.