Let Logan School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- MISSION: The mission of The Logan School for Creative Learning is to provide an experience-based educational opportunity for gifted children of all backgrounds, that allows each child to develop individually to his or her fullest potential. There are five basic values that serve as the cornerstone from which we establish this environment:
- Empowering Children: Empowering children is the process of helping all children see that they have power, control over, and responsibility for themselves. In addition, this process helps children see that they are a part of a diverse world and can cause change to happen.
- Opening Doors: The school supports the child's ability to experience as many ideas, learning processes, perspectives and opportunities as possible.
- Fostering Responsibility: In teaching responsible decision making, we encourage children to look at situations from a variety of directions, set a goal, evaluate each option in terms of the goal, take action for the goal to come to fruition, and assume responsibility for the consequences of that decision.
- Fostering Independence: The Logan School provides an environment where children are encouraged to look at themselves honestly, to evaluate their own needs clearly, to make decisions responsibly, and to think for themselves.
- Fostering Care and Concern for Others: At The Logan School, the feelings, needs, and ideas of each person are respected. We emphasize cooperation rather than competition. We strive to create and maintain an inclusive environment.
- PHILOSOPHY: The Logan School for Creative Learning offers a unique learning environment for gifted children that stimulates academic accomplishment, critical thinking and creativity while fostering peer interaction and personal growth. We believe that such an environment is most effective when a diverse community studies, plays and grows together. In addition to the traditional "3 R's", we stress 3 additional R's: Research - searching out information; Reasoning - processing information; and Recording - creating a way to save and/or share information.
- Our staff develops a highly individualized curriculum for each child's unique readiness level, learning style, and personal interests, while ensuring that each child is academically and intellectually challenged. In addition, small group and whole class learning activities are designed to provide group problem solving and collaboration, as well as peer evaluation. We believe that there is merit in all learning approaches, and work to provide a curriculum that best suits the individual. Students learn essential skills such as reading, writing, and math, as well as life skills such as time management and personal responsibility. At The Logan School for Creative Learning, there are no ceilings. Hands-on experiences and exploring outside the classroom are vital in learning to integrate, retain and manipulate information. While other schools consider field trips supplementary or recreational, here they are an integral part of the curriculum. Experiential learning is inherent in our individualized units, classroom activities, community trips, and the wealth of hands-on equipment available.