A number of students are selected for admission each year for grades K-8. Student candidates must demonstrate good academic potential and appropriate social/behavioral skills, and their parents must demonstrate a commitment to educational excellence.
In order to assure the greatest possible continuity within Berry College’s laboratory school programs, preferential consideration is given to the following applicants:
* Students currently enrolled in the Berry College Child Development Center.
* Children of parents currently employed as faculty or staff at the college.
* Siblings of students already enrolled at the school.
In addition, special consideration is given to maintain gender and racial balance in the school. Also, date of application is a significant factor in determining admission status. Minimum age guidelines are as follows:
* Kindergarten: entering students should be five years old prior to September 1.
* First grade: entering students should be six years old prior to September 1.
The admissions process for Kindergarten is as follows:
* September 1st through November 30th – Early applications accepted from Berry College Child Development Center students. Applications are mailed to all potential Child Development Center candidates by September 1st. All parent conferences and student assessments must be completed prior to December 1st to be eligible for early admission. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis during this period
* December 1st – Open application period begins for Kindergarten admission. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Admissions applications for grades 1 through 8 are accepted on a rolling basis.
All applicants, regardless of grade level, must complete the following before an admissions decision is issued:
* An accurate & complete BCEMS admissions application.
* A recommendation form from the prospective student’s current teacher (if applicable), including any current school transcripts.
* A parent interview & tour.
* An academic skills assessment and behavioral evaluation completed at BCEMS.
* A BCEMS admissions committee recommendation.
TOURS/OPEN HOUSE DATES
We offer tours on a year-round basis. Please contact our Director of Admissions, Lynne Manna, at email@example.com or by phone at (706) 236-2242 to set an appointment. Summer appointments should be made by phone only, please. Our Open House dates are as follows:
FEE SCHEDULE & FINANCIAL AID
2006-2007 academic year tuition (K-8th) is $7,150.00
There is an additional, non-refundable field study & activities fee of $500.00 for middle grades 5-8.
New students pay a $200 non-refundable registration & materials fee upon admission.
Returning students pay a $100 non-refundable materials fee prior to the start of each new school year.
* A 12-month payment plan is available.
* More than 30% of our students receive some kind of financial aid.
* A discount is available for siblings.
* Scholarship opportunities are available. Awards are based on need and commitment.
Kids’ College (after-school care) is available from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at a rate of $10/day or $40/week.