Let Berry College Elementary School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
CRITERIA A number of students are selected for admission each yearfor grades K-8.
Student candidates must demonstrate good academicpotential and appropriate social/behavioral skills, and theirparents must demonstrate a commitment to educational excellence.
Inorder to assure the greatest possible continuity within BerryCollegeâ€™s laboratory school programs,preferential consideration is given to the following applicants: *Students currently enrolled in the Berry College Child DevelopmentCenter.
* Children of parents currently employed as faculty orstaff at the college.
* Siblings of students already enrolled atthe school.
In addition, special consideration is given to maintaingender and racial balance in the school.
Also, date of applicationis a significant factor in determining admission status.
Minimumage guidelines are as follows: * Kindergarten: entering studentsshould be five years old prior to September 1.
* First grade:entering students should be six years old prior to September 1.PROCESS The admissions process for Kindergarten is as follows: *September 1st through November 30th â€“ Earlyapplications accepted from Berry College Child Development Centerstudents.
Applications are mailed to all potential ChildDevelopment Center candidates by September 1st.
All parentconferences and student assessments must be completed prior toDecember 1st to be eligible for early admission.
Admissionsdecisions are made on a rolling basis during this period * December1st â€“ Open application period begins forKindergarten admission.
Admissions decisions are made on a rollingbasis.
Admissions applications for grades 1 through 8 are acceptedon a rolling basis.
All applicants, regardless of grade level, mustcomplete the following before an admissions decision is issued: *An accurate & complete BCEMS admissions application.
* Arecommendation form from the prospectivestudentâ€™s current teacher (if applicable),including any current school transcripts.
* A parent interview& tour.
* An academic skills assessment and behavioralevaluation completed at BCEMS.
* A BCEMS admissions committeerecommendation.
TOURS/OPEN HOUSE DATES We offer tours on ayear-round basis.
Please contact our Director of Admissions, LynneManna, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (706) 236-2242 to set anappointment.
Summer appointments should be made by phone only,please.
Our Open House dates are as follows: FEE SCHEDULE &FINANCIAL AID 2006-2007 academic year tuition (K-8th) is $7,150.00There is an additional, non-refundable field study & activitiesfee of $500.00 for middle grades 5-8.
New students pay a $200non-refundable registration & materials fee upon admission.Returning students pay a $100 non-refundable materials fee prior tothe start of each new school year.
* A 12-month payment plan isavailable.
* More than 30% of our students receive some kind offinancial aid.
* A discount is available for siblings.
*Scholarship opportunities are available.
Awards are based on needand commitment.
Kidsâ€™ College (after-schoolcare) is available from 3:30 p.m.
at a rate of $10/dayor $40/week.