Let Rush Day School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Some highlights of the Rush Day School include:
- A strong academic program â€” Curriculum is aligned with the Illinois State Standards and a childâ€™s home school district.
- Certified special education teachers provide individualized and group academic instruction in classrooms of up to eight students. A resource teacher provides additional support for individual students both inside and outside of all classrooms as needed.
- Psychiatric nurses design individualized behavior management plans for each student. They collaborate with child psychiatrists and other physicians regarding diagnosis, medication monitoring and reduction of symptoms.
- Intensive therapeutic services including individual and family therapy, group therapy with an emphasis on social skills development, and parent groups are provided by a professional and experienced clinical team. This includes a licensed clinical psychologist, licensed clinical social workers, and advanced practice nurses.
- A full-time occupational therapist meets individually with children who require services based on their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and consults with the classroom teams. A focus for treatment may include sensory integration.
- We offer art therapy and a wide range of other art programs including music, drama, improvisation and photography as part of a fine arts curriculum.
- A learning disabilities specialist and board certified child and adolescent psychiatrist provide weekly consultations.