Let St. Joseph School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
Our graduates excel in high school, earning awards and scholarships:
- SJS alums regularly earn honors, including being named valedictorians at local high schools, National Merit Award winners and recipients of community awards.
- Each year, SJS alums earn approximately $500,000 in college scholarships.
- Kindergarten Plus gives students an all-day Kindergarten option for extended learning opportunities and activities.
- Our average class size is 23 students, offering a personalized approach to learning.
- Our faculty regularly wins awards offered by the Diocese and local organizations.
- Spanish is taught in all grades, K-8.
- In 2013, SJS students earned one “Gold Award” and one “Silver Award” at the IL State Science Fair.
- Fine arts and computer science give students a well-rounded education in music, art and technology.
- Catholic values are emphasized in all spiritual, educational and extracurricular activities.
- All-school Masses, celebrated on Tuesdays and Holy Days at 8:15 am, give 8th grade students the opportunity to take an active role as lectors, sacristans and ushers, while students from all grades participate in other parts of Mass.
- Sacramental preparation is incorporated into the school day.
- Students participate in prayer services, rosary, Stations of the Cross, May Crowning and Reconciliation.
- Service projects help students live their faith and are built into the curricula.
- Extended Care offers students an extended day of 7 am - 6 pm – a convenient option for working parents.
- Our award-winning, no-cut sports program is offered to students in grades 5 - 8, including volleyball, football, cross country, basketball and track.
- Representative students from grades 5 - 8 can be part of Student Council, which sponsors student and community outreach activities.
- The award-winning “Mathletes” Math Club is lead by Mrs.
- Liturgical Choir includes students in grades 5 - 8; its role is leading the congregation in song at all-school Mass.
- Hand Bell Choir is open to students in grades 5 - 8; it performs at some all-school Masses and at Christmas.
- Students can train to be altar servers in 5th grade; they serve weekend, school Masses, weddings and funerals.
- Band is offered to students beginning in 4th grade; it is incorporated into the school day.
- Boy/Girl Scouts are open to all St. Joseph students beginning as early as Kindergarten or 1st grade.
- Grade 4 Spirit Club cheers on school athletic teams at events throughout the year; Keyboarding, Book Club and Writing Club are available in some grades based on parent volunteers.
- School Advisory Board is group that meets monthly with the principal, president and pastor regardingthe policy and progress of the school; nine board members hold positions for three years.
- Parent Forum coordinates volunteers for school programs and special events.
- The Athletic and Booster organization coordinates athletic programs.