Grades: PK-8 | 576 students
- George A. Brown Memorial School, a Roman Catholic parochial school in the Diocese of Paterson, offers programs for children in pre-school through grade 8.
- Rev. Brown was the first Catholic school in Sussex County and was named for the first pastor of Our Lady of the Lake Church.
- The school has built a reputation for developing strong spiritual values in an equally strong academic environment.
- It is a reputation gained through the efforts of dedicated teachers at all grade levels, hard work and diligence on the part of our students, and the participation and support of school parents.
- Staff development and curriculum improvements have also had a positive impact on student achievement, as demonstrated by our students' and school's accomplishments.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||576 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockawayGrades: PK-8 | 185 students
40 E Main St
Rockaway, NJ 07866
VernonGrades: K-8 | 61 students
58 Sand Hill Rd
Vernon, NJ 07462
WhartonGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
345 S. Main St., Wharton, NJ
Wharton, NJ 07885
51 Unionville Avenue
Sussex, NJ 07461
SpartaGrades: PK-1 | 70 students
57 Main St
Sparta, NJ 07871
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.