Grades: PK-8 | 576 students
- George A. Brown Memorial School, a Roman Catholic parochial school in the Diocese of Paterson, offers programs for children in pre-school through grade 8.
- Rev. Brown was the first Catholic school in Sussex County and was named for the first pastor of Our Lady of the Lake Church.
- The school has built a reputation for developing strong spiritual values in an equally strong academic environment.
- It is a reputation gained through the efforts of dedicated teachers at all grade levels, hard work and diligence on the part of our students, and the participation and support of school parents.
- Staff development and curriculum improvements have also had a positive impact on student achievement, as demonstrated by our students' and school's accomplishments.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||576 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockawayGrades: PK-8 | 185 students
40 E Main St
Rockaway, NJ 07866
VernonGrades: K-8 | 61 students
58 Sand Hill Rd
Vernon, NJ 07462
WhartonGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
345 S. Main St., Wharton, NJ
Wharton, NJ 07885
51 Unionville Avenue
Sussex, NJ 07461
SpartaGrades: PK-1 | 70 students
57 Main St
Sparta, NJ 07871
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.