Grades: PK-8 | 149 students
Waldorf education meets the whole child--head, heart and hands.
We take a developmental approach -- the right subjects, in the right way, at the right time.
Learning is experiential, artistic, engaging.
We believe that questions are more important than answers and that all learning grows out of meaningful relationships.
In addition to a rigorous academic program, all students take 2 foreign languages handwork and woodworking violin, recorder, and chorus Eurythmy (movement)and organized games.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,850|
|Tuition Notes||3 day kindergarten 4900 5 day kindergarten 7600 Grades 1-3 11850 Grades 4-8 12550|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Roberto Trostli|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
- The right subjects at the right time in the right way— That’s what Waldorf schools do.With 100 years' experience, Waldorf schools know when students are ready for new subjects, new concepts, and new skills. Our education serves students for the rest of their lives.
- Waldorf schools help students develop into people who will make the world a better place by offering
- 1. a rigorous academic program that develops clear, creative, purposeful thinking;
- 2. a supportive social environment that builds self-awareness, empathy, and the ability to collaborate;
- 3. classes in foreign languages, music, movement, and the arts that foster self-expression, competence, and confidence;
- 4. two daily outdoor play times that nourish and reinvigorate body, mind, and soul.
- Come check out RWS! A 21st century education based on 100 years' experience.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RichmondGrades: NS-12 | 1005 students
711 Saint Christophers Road
Richmond, VA 23226
RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 329 students
3400 Brook Road
Richmond, VA 23227
RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 583 students
11600 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23238
RichmondGrades: NS-4 | 62 students
4103 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23220
RichmondGrades: K-6 | 76 students
7800 Salem Church Rd
Richmond, VA 23237