Grades: PK-5 | 125 students
- Rising Star Montessori School provides a high quality educational program for children based on the philosophy and methods developed by Maria Montessori.
- In addition to our concern for the health and safety of the children, we emphasize a total education program.
- Our academic excellence thrives in a warm, nurturing environment that promotes the self-esteem of each individual child.
- We advocate global diversity by studying many cultures, embracing and respecting the people in our modern world.
- Our philosophy is based on the observations and writings of Dr. Maria Montessori who was a scientist, educator and the first woman to earn a medical degree in Italy.
- Our curriculum instructs children in language arts, math, the interrelated study of life and physical sciences, history, culture, geography, the arts, and practical life skills.
- We have integrated the Montessori methods and curriculum with traditional public and private school curricula.
- Our school employs current research and theories in child development and educational methods.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition costs.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 88 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
BerkeleyGrades: K-6 | 83 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
AlamedaGrades: 1-12 | 65 students
1910 Central Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
BerkeleyGrades: NS-K | 54 students
2830 9th street
Berkeley, CA 94710
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.