Grades: NS-8 | 227 students
River Valley School is a non-sectarian, non-profit, independent Waldorf school serving children and families of all spiritual practices and religious beliefs, racial, ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds.
Nestled on top of the rolling hills of Upper Bucks County, overlooking the Delaware River, River Valley Waldorf School`s award winning school building is filled with sunlight and surrounded by 7 1/2 acres of fields and woodlands.
Beginning with our Early Childhood Program which includes Parent-Child, Pre-K and Kindergarten classes, and on through our Grade School, River Valley Waldorf School honors the rhythms of human development as a basis for learning throughout life.
Our mission is to prepare children to meet the future with compassion, a will to practical action and creative, independent thinking.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||chorus, handwork, orchestra, soap stone sculpting, wood working chorus, handwork, orchestra, wood working, soap stone sculpting,
- River Valley Waldorf School Vision Statement:
- River Valley Waldorf School prepares the children of our community to meet the future with compassion, a will to practical action, creative independent thinking and a life-long quest for learning. Inspired by the insights and worldview of Rudolf Steiner, the school honors the rhythms of human development as a basis for learning throughout life. As a community, we seek to build confidence, a sense of belonging and strength of purpose. River Valley Waldorf School, as part of the global Waldorf education movement, cultivates social responsibility and a respect for the earth.
- River Valley Waldorf School Mission Statement:
- River Valley Waldorf School nurtures the individual spirit of each child. Our holistic education is based on social renewal, a kinship with nature, high academic standards and a full complement of the arts. With Rudolf Steiner`s pedagogy at its foundation, this curriculum is brought to life by our experienced and compassionate Waldorf trained faculty through ongoing study into the children and their stages of development. Our children, faculty and staff are supported by the diversity of the parents and community. Together, we celebrate seasonal festivals as we cultivate the cultural, spiritual and social life of the school.
- As part of the global Waldorf education movement, River Valley School recognizes a need for increased social responsibility and renewal in today`s world. River Valley School celebrates an inclusive world community with faculty and families from 5 continents and 17 different countries. Founded in 1994, River Valley Waldorf School is our area`s only school offering a Waldorf education and is a proud member of the growing network of over 800 Waldorf schools worldwide. For more information please contact: River Valley Waldorf School, 1395 Bridgeton Hill Road, Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972 (610) 982-5606 email: email@example.com
Profile last updated: 05/16/2016
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BloomsburyGrades: 3-12 | 29 students
45 County Road 519
Bloomsbury, NJ 08804
OttsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 212 students
4040 Durham Road
Ottsville, PA 18942
OttsvilleGrades: PK-5 | 37 students
4018 Durham Rd
Ottsville, PA 18942
PipersvilleGrades: 8-12 | 48 students
Po Box 283
Pipersville, PA 18947
PhillipsburgGrades: K-1 | 30 students
424 State Route 57
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865