- Riverdale Baptist School (RBS) is a ministry of Riverdale Baptist Church.
- As a Christian educational institution, it will, therefore, reflect the philosophy, values and believers' lifestyle of Riverdale Baptist Church.
- The administration, faculty and staff are born-again, Bible-believing Christians and active church members.
- It is the school's desire to have a balanced educational program where excellence will permeate the spiritual, academic, physical and social aspects of our learning atmosphere.
- It is also the school's wish to help in the reinforcement of the Christian home.
- When the philosophy, values and lifestyle of a Christian home complement the school, the student will benefit most from this relationship.
- Our objective is to develop within each student an understanding of how to think and how to apply himself, to develop within each student an effective attitude of self-discipline and responsibility and to develop in students the proper attitude, ideals, habits, knowledge and skills which are necessary preparation for life.
- Riverdale Baptist School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin, gender or disability in the areas of admission, financial aid, athletics and other school related programs/activities. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||756 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Lit, Physics,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress code varies per division.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||#Hospitality, AV (Audio Visual), Archery Club, Dance Ministry, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fitness Club, Photography Club, Poetry, Queen's Court, Quill and Scroll, STEM, Science Club #Hospitality, Archery Club, Dance Ministry, Fitness Club, Poetry, Queen's Court, STEM, Science Club, AV (Audio Visual),
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Quill and Scroll,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Upper MarlboroGrades: PK-12 | 243 students
6707 Woodyard Road
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
District HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 142 students
6704 Marlboro Pike
District Heights, MD 20747
HyattsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 337 students
6801 Sheriff Road
Hyattsville, MD 20785
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-8 | 152 students
9010 Frank Tippett Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
I have enjoyed RBS over many years my son graduated in 2010. I currently have two children attending. The experience has been great. The teachers are engaging, enthusiastic and caring. The teachers inspire my children to do their best and to set goals and accomplish them.
- Posted by Parent - Truej