Grades: PK-12 | 885 students
- Riviera Day School and Riviera Preparatory School are fully accredited, non-sectarian, co-educational, independent day schools centrally located in the South Miami area.
- Riviera serves students from all areas of Miami-Dade County.
- Riviera Day School is home to our preschoolers (3 year olds) through fifth graders.
- Riviera Preparatory School, just a few miles away, is home to our sixth through twelfth grade students.
- Since it was founded in 1950, Riviera has established a reputation for excellence and continues to forge ahead as a leader in education and in the community.
- With an emphasis on small classes and a carefully selected, well-trained staff, we challenge each student to develop his or her full capabilities.
- Gifted children are guided through advanced levels, just as slower learners are helped to overcome any weaknesses.
- Our small classes, close student-teacher relationships, parental involvement, broad-based curriculum, variety of curriculum enhancement activities, and talented faculty all combine to make Riviera a unique and exciting school community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||885 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||105 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art Drawing, U.S. Government, US History, World History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Olga Mestre|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Sacha Perez|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||47 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Chess Club, Apprentice Engineering, Arts & Crafts, Ballet, Best Buddies, Book Club, Ceramics & Copper Enameling, Chess Club, Coding Club, Computer Appreciation Club, Culinary Club, Drumline, East Asian Culture Club, Film Production Club, Flamenco, Forensics Team, Game Design, Game On, Glee Club, Intramurals, Junior Engineering, KAPLA, Karaoke, Karate, Key Club, Kidokinetics, Legos, Little Builders, Los Amigos, Magical Music, Mind Lab, Model UN, Operation Smile, Philosophy/Contemporary Issues, Prana Yoga, RPG/Strategic Games, Recreational Sports Competition, Robotics, Rock Band, S.A.D.D., Soccer Club, Speech and Debate Team, Strings Ensemble, Traveling to the Future, Tumblebees, Youth Service Council/Best Buddies, Zumba Arts & Crafts, Ballet, Best Buddies, Book Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Culinary Club, Drumline, Flamenco, Forensics Team, Game Design, Game On, Glee Club, Intramurals, KAPLA, Karaoke, Karate, Key Club, Kidokinetics, Legos, Los Amigos, Magical Music, Mind Lab, Model UN, Prana Yoga, Robotics, Rock Band, S.A.D.D., Soccer Club, Tumblebees, Zumba, Advanced Chess Club,
Ceramics & Copper Enameling,
Computer Appreciation Club,
East Asian Culture Club,
Film Production Club,
Recreational Sports Competition,
Speech and Debate Team,
Traveling to the Future,
Youth Service Council/Best Buddies,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 652 students
5400 Sw 102nd Ave
Miami, FL 33165
Coral GablesGrades: PK-5 | 425 students
5692 North Kendall Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33156
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 929 students
5557 Sw 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
MiamiGrades: NS-8 | 521 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 317 students
3460 Royal Rd
Miami, FL 33133
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.