Grades: PK-12 | 353 students
- Roanoke Valley Christian Schools is a private, coeducational, Christian school for students in K3 (pre-kindergarten) through Grade 12.
- RVCS was founded in 1973, and currently has 969 graduates.
- The thrust is basically discipleship in nature, and our mission is to serve as partners with Christian parents as they obey the command of God to train their children in truth.
- RVCS is dedicated to the development of Christian academic standards in its students.
- The curriculum is challenging and college preparatory in nature.
- The average student at RVCS scored higher than 85% of all students taking the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills battery during the most recent testing.
- The majority of our graduates enter college.
- A variety of textbooks are in use, both from secular and Christian publishing companies.
- All educational objectives are infused with God's Word.
- A minimum of 24 credits is required in grades 9-12 for graduation.
- This exceeds the requirements of most area schools.
- Teachers are qualified college graduates, committed to the goals of Christian education, and all of our full-time teachers are certified by the Association of Christian Schools International.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.