Grades: PK-K | 125 students
- Ronald Knox Montessori School (RKMS) is a parent-owned and professionally operated, non-profit Montessori preschool serving children between 15 months and six years of age.
- The school is one of the few schools receiving full accreditation by the American Montessori Society.
- As such, it enjoys a reputation that belies its small size.
- RKMS is located in Wilmette, Illinois, just north of downtown Chicago.
- Founded in 1963 by a group of parents committed to introducing Montessori education to Chicago's North Shore, the school remains fully committed to this teaching philosophy.
- Our brand new state-of-the-art facility heralds a wonderful new phase of our school's history.
- The much-anticipated building includes the latest safety features and the ability to consolidate all of our programs under one roof.
- At approximately 13,000 square feet, it offers spacious classrooms, a dedicated music room, a wonderfully equipped gross motor classroom and playground as well as expanded office and conference spaces.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Buffalo GroveGrades: PK-8 | 437 students
50 N Buffalo Grove Road
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
NorthfieldGrades: PK-12 | 367 students
315 Waukegan Rd
Northfield, IL 60093
LincolnshireGrades: PK-KG | 30 students
1970 Riverwoods Rd
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Highland ParkGrades: PK-KG | 125 students
1301 Clavey Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
Lake ZurichGrades: K | 42 students
1660 Checker Rd
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.