Grades: K-9 | 191 students
- Sacred Heart Academy is a Parish Catholic Elementary School in the Diocese of Arlington.
- It exists primarily to provide a Christ-centered atmosphere in which students may grow in knowledge and in love of God and neighbor.
- The school is committed to the task of assisting parents, who are the primary educators of their children, in developing the total child.
- All Academy programs are directed toward the spiritual, intellectual, social, cultural and physical growth of each child.
- By adhering to Gospel values, teaching Church doctrine and cultivating a Christian attitude toward life experiences, Sacred Heart Academy strives to achieve its purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WinchesterGrades: PK-6 | 75 students
1090 W Parkins Mill Road
Winchester, VA 22602
WinchesterGrades: PK-12 | 249 students
2581 Northwestern Pike
Winchester, VA 22603
WinchesterGrades: PK-12 | 74 students
Po Box 1360
Winchester, VA 22655
We've had our children at Sacred Heart since 1997, and would not have them anywhere else. SHA has rigorous academic standards, upheld by outstanding teachers and administrators. Our first child was ahead of the curve when he entered high school because of his education at SHA. They provide sports (basketball, track, cheerleading, etc.), strong music instruction and (the best part) a values based education that teaches children to live out their Catholic faith and embrace its heritage. We love Sacred Heart.
- Posted by Parent - peter
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.