Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
- Sacred Heart School has been supported and encouraged by Sacred Heart Church since 1900.
- Father Brule wanted to do more for the community, so he brought four sisters to open the first Catholic school in San Felipe Del Rio.
- Sister Adolph was the first Superior of the school in a small two-room frame building, big enough to accommodate 40 children of all ages in September 1900.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School is a parish school under the Pastor of Sacred Heart Church, Reverend James Fischler, C.I.C.M. “Sacred Heart School is where we learn to love, learn to succeed, learn to serve, and learn to live for tomorrow by following Jesus today.” We believe that we are called to nurture and educate our students spiritually, academically, physically, and culturally.
- We are called to promote our Catholic faith by providing opportunities that will foster the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to live a successful Christ-centered life.
- We foster life long learning while respecting the richness of the past, meeting the challenges of the present, and in preparation for a better future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.