Grades: PK-8 | 491 students
- Sacred Heart Elementary School is a parish school serving children from preschool through 8th grade.
- It is one of the oldest and largest Catholic schools in Pittsburgh.
- As a Catholic school, our primary purpose is to form students in the values of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Catholic schools are distinctive religious education institutions operated as programs of the Catholic Church; they are not private schools but are administered and supported by the sponsoring parish(es) and the diocese.
- Attending a Catholic school is a privilege, not a right.
- While academic excellence and involvement in extracurricular activities, e.
- sports, clubs, etc., are important, fidelity to the Catholic identity of the school is the fundamental priority.
- We have the responsibility to make certain that Catholic values and moral integrity permeate every facet of our school?s program.
- In all questions involving faith, morals, faith teaching, and Catholic law, the final determination rests with the diocesan bishop.
- In full partnership with you and your family, we are committed to uphold the principles which underlie our presence in the community as a Catholic school.
- The administration, faculty, and staff of Sacred Heart Elementary School believe that the primary purpose of Catholic education is the formation of the intellect with the sound foundation in the Catholic faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||491 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OakmontGrades: NS-PK | 30 students
637 4th St
Oakmont, PA 15139
VeronaGrades: KG-8 | 182 students
825 2nd St
Verona, PA 15147
ZelienopleGrades: K-8 | 230 students
115 Pine Street
Zelienople, PA 16063
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.