Grades: PK-8 | 507 students
The Sacred Heart School of Glyndon is a co-educational Catholic parish school dedicated to academic excellence, faith formation and service to others.
Our fundamental mission is to create moral leaders for the future.
Using the message of the Gospels as a guide, we have created a warm, welcoming, Christian environment that encourages rigorous academics and enriching extracurricular activities and service opportunities. The message of Christ is central to all that we do at Sacred Heart School. We are a faith community committed to teaching the word of God and to giving witness to the message of Jesus Christ. We live our mission by fostering each child's intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical development, instilling a deep love and respect for God, for the Church, and for all people.
Our entire faculty, staff and school community are dedicated to encouraging each student, according to his or her individual abilities, to recognize and to use his or her God-given talents to the fullest.
We dedicate ourselves to celebrating what is good in each and every child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||507 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,695|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for parishioners who consitently use parish envelopes. $8,495 for non-parishioners|
|Admissions Director||Jeanne Cossentino|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beads of Strength Rosary Club, Boy/Cub Scouts & Brownies/Girl Scouts, Chess Club (Grades K-8), Drama Club (Grades 4-8), Instrumental Music (Grades 4-8), Intermediate and Middle School Choir (Grades 4-8), It's Academic, Liturgical Dance, Prayer Shawl Ministry, Recreational Council Football, Baseball, Softball and Lacrosse, STEM for Boys/STEM for Girls (Grades 6-8), Sacred Heart Athletic Association Basketball (Grades 4-8), Sacred Heart Athletic Association Soccer (Grades K-8), Youth Ministry It's Academic, Youth Ministry, Beads of Strength Rosary Club,
Boy/Cub Scouts & Brownies/Girl Scouts,
Chess Club (Grades K-8),
Drama Club (Grades 4-8),
Instrumental Music (Grades 4-8),
Intermediate and Middle School Choir (Grades 4-8),
Prayer Shawl Ministry,
Recreational Council Football, Baseball, Softball and Lacrosse,
STEM for Boys/STEM for Girls (Grades 6-8),
Sacred Heart Athletic Association Basketball (Grades 4-8),
Sacred Heart Athletic Association Soccer (Grades K-8),
- The Sacred Heart School of Glyndon is a co-educational Catholic parish school for Pre-K to Grade 8. Nestled on a beautiful campus in historic Glyndon, Maryland, Sacred Heart is fully accredited by the Southern Association of College and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACSCASI) and is member school of the Archdiocese of Baltimore. Our teachers are certified by the Maryland State Department of Education, and our holistic approach to education--nurturing each student's academic, spiritual, physical and psychological growth, with respect to individual needs, talents and abilities--has ensured that many of our graduating students often advance to some of the area's best and most challenging schools. Nearly a quarter of our students receive academic scholarships and grants to these Catholic and private high schools. Our school and faith community is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered foundation that prepares our children to be lifelong learners, committed citizens and moral leaders. By nurturing each student's God-given talents in a safe, supportive, positive, respectful environment, we uphold our sacred responsibility, in partnership with parents and families, to develop young men and women with strong Catholic-Christian morals, values and beliefs.
- Challenging Academics, A Supportive Environment
- We are committed to promoting high standards for academic achievement and conduct, even as we focus on strong spirituality and faith development.
- -Reading/Language Arts
- -Math (Algebra and Geometry)
- -Social Studies
- In addition, our well-rounded curriculum features instruction in these specialty areas:
- -Phys Ed
- -Spanish and French
- Phonics and handwriting are taught as part of our early educational curriculum; these are foundational to speech development, reading, and reading comprehension, and essential for academic success.
- Faith Formation & Spiritual Development
- -Students attend mass monthly and on all religious holidays
- -Each day opens and closes with a daily prayer
- -Recitation of the rosary as a school community takes place regularly
- -Our students participate in service projects throughout the year to support worthy community and affiliated organizations
- Faith-based extracurricular activities include:
- -Prayer Shawl Ministry
- -Liturgical Dance
- -Prayer Partner Program (Our older students mentor our younger students by modeling Christian behavior, sitting together during school masses)
- -Beads of Strength Rosary Club
- Extra-curricular Activities for All-Around Learning
- We seek to develop the talents of each individual child, to enable all students to live and serve to their best potential. With this in mind, we offer a range of activities that includes:
- -Active Youth Ministry, with social and spiritual growth opportunities
- -Instrumental Music (Grades 4-8)
- -Beginning and Intermediate Choir (Grades 4-8)
- -It’s Academic (Grades 4-8)
- -STEM for Boys & STEM for Girls (Grades 6-8)
- -Beads of Strength Rosary Club (Grades 6-8)
- -Boy Scouts/Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts/Brownies
- -Chess Club (Grades K-8)
- -Drama Club (Grades 4-8)
- -Sacred Heart Athletic Association Soccer (Grades K-8) and Basketball (Grades 4-8)
- -Rec Council Football, Baseball, Softball and Lacrosse
- Experienced and Dedicated Faculty & Teachers
- -Full- and part-time teachers & specialists: 38
- -Instructional Assistants: 9
- Specialty teachers include: Math resource teacher, reading specialist, guidance counselor, and a private speech pathologist available on site, in addition to those teaching the specialty curriculum noted above.
- Specialty Staff, for Individualized Learning & Support
- -Our staff guidance counselor provides support and resources to help children who are coping with difficult emotional issues.
- -Our on-site reading specialist offers extra support to students in reading and vocabulary.
- -Our resource specialists provide individualized instruction in the full range of subjects, to support each child as needed.
- -Our teaching assistants in Grades Pre-K -3 provide additional teaching support and individualized attention to benefit our youngest learners.
- A Clean, Spacious, Welcoming—and Advanced—Facility
- -Bright, well-maintained classrooms
- -Foreign-Language Lab
- -Music Room
- -Large Gymnasium/Auditorium
- -Art Room
- -Library/Media Center
- -Cafeteria and Hot Lunch Program
- -Athletic Fields and Playground
- -Separate Middle-School Wing
- Additional Advanced Technology
- -SMART Boards for all levels
- -Internet access in all classrooms
- -State-of-the-art Middle School Science Lab
- -Computer Lab, featuring 30 new computers
- -Closed-circuit television studio and classroom network
- -Four wireless mobile Laptop Labs with 20 HP notebooks
- -Laptop pods in the intermediate classrooms
- -Students in Grades 4-8 are assigned thier own personal laptop computer/1:1 device
- Class Size
- -On average, our classes consist of 25 students (Grades 1-8) and 20 students (Kindergarten).
- -The teacher-to-student ratio (including resource teachers and teaching assistants) is 1:10 for Pre-K and Kindergarten and 1:12 for elementary and middle school.
- Convenient Care: Before- and After-School Program
- ABC Care, a leader in school-age child care, is on premises, utilizing the school’s spacious gym, cafeteria and playground to support an active and engaging program for our children who need care that extends beyond the school day. The program opens at 7 a.m., and students must be picked up by 6 p.m. ABC Care also offers full-day care on selected days when school is closed. For additional information, call 410-751-3700.
- Health Care
- We have a full-time nurse on staff, equipped to deal with healthcare emergencies, food allergies, illness and any chronic or medical condition—for your child’s health and your peace of mind.
- Hot Lunch Program
- Our cafeteria serves a hot, nutritious lunch option, and an array of snacks. Our flexible purchase program allows students to pick and choose which meals to purchase, or to pre-purchase meals in advance, by the week or month.
- All Sacred Heart students are required to wear a standard uniform. From October 1-April 30, girls wear a white blouse and either a jumper (Grades 1-5) or skirt (Grades 6-8). Boys wear a school polo shirt and navy pants (Grades 1-5) or a white shirt and tie and khakis (Grades 6-8). All students must wear appropriate black, brown or saddle shoes. On gym days and during warmer weather (August-September and May-June, excluding Mass days) students may wear their gym uniforms: SHS t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes. Our Kindergarten students wear white school polo shirts, to distinguish our youngest learners.
- The Sacred Heart School of Glyndon is accepting new students. For enrollment information, please contact Kris Roeder at KRoeder@shgschool.org or call our Enrollment Office at 410-833-0857. Visit shgschool.org for additional information about Sacred Heart, and for an online application. Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/SacredHeartSchoolGlyndonMd.
Profile last updated: 06/01/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Owings MillsGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
11303 Liberty Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Windsor MillGrades: NS-12 | 217 students
3030 N Rolling Road
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
PikesvilleGrades: K-8 | 114 students
110 Sudbrook Lane
Pikesville, MD 21208
BaltimoreGrades: NS-12 | 686 students
5204 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
SykesvilleGrades: PK-8 | 89 students
2275 Liberty Rd
Sykesville, MD 21784