Grades: K-9 | 244 students
- Sacred Heart Grade School opened in September 2003 for its eighty-third year with 240 children.
- The children today are mostly black and Baptist; the children then were all white and Catholic.
- But, like their predecessors over nearly a century, they are the children of good, resourceful people who care deeply about their children's education.
- The school offers the children what it can.
- It has dedicated teachers, good computers, and soon will have a greenhouse, an "outdoor classroom" built by young volunteers dedicated to working in the inner city.
- "We strive to educate these children in spite of all that assails them, to draw out as the word literally means," Said Fr. Doyle.
- Sacred Heart school survives mostly on the generosity of people, parishioners and others, who believe in its mission.
- They volunteer or teach for low pay, or they sponsor children so that the school can keep tuition low and not be dependent on the Diocese of Camden to stay open.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Sacred Heart Grade School also viewed these schools: Christian Academy Of Merchantville.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.