Grades: NS-8 | 222 students
- Students are educated in an intimate environment, averaging 15 students per classroom.
- They receive the benefits of age-specific education methodologies, while thriving in the school community that spans a wide range of ages.
- Excellent academics are reflected in student achievement.
- Standardized testing scores are consistantly above the national norms.
- Many of our students continue to excel in high school and attain advanced placement classes and honor roll status.
- The highly-qualified faculty combines many years of teaching experience, and along with Ms. Kristen Fink, new SH Principal, they create an atmosphere of warmth, vision and academic excellence.
- Sacred Heart School students plan and attend weekly masses and holiday prayer and reconciliation services, as well as daily religion classes.
- An emphasis on service is reflected in the many service projects initiated and completed by students in recent years.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based/Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,300|
|Tuition Notes||$600 family registration fee $250 gr. 1-3 technology fee $300 gr. 4-8 technology fee|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Kristen Fink|
|Admissions Associate||Ms Annie Danstrom|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Annual School Play (grades 5-8), Dance, Cooking, Chess, Science, Pottery, Taekwon-Do, Student Council Annual School Play (grades 5-8),
Dance, Cooking, Chess, Science, Pottery, Taekwon-Do,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WinnetkaGrades: PK-12 | 523 students
310 Green Bay Rd
Winnetka, IL 60093
WinnetkaGrades: PK-8 | 325 students
180 Ridge Ave
Winnetka, IL 60093
NorthfieldGrades: 1-8 | 68 students
1980 Old Willow Rd
Northfield, IL 60093
WilmetteGrades: 5-12 | 29 students
3013 Illinois Rd
Wilmette, IL 60091
WilmetteGrades: PK-K | 125 students
2031 Elmwood Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
We have been beyond pleased with the education our son is receiving at Sacred Heart. He is challenged academically each day and has built great friendships.
- Posted by Parent - Jessi
This is an amazing school and community! My children are well educated, have made really good, lifelong friends, and the new Principal is amazing. I've been very impressed with the academics and what my children are learning, but even MORE impressed with WHO they are becoming as faith-filled responsible citizens. By the time they graduate, they'll be more than ready for high school and beyond. If you want a excellent education in a safe, friendly community, this is the place.
- Posted by Parent - mindi
I recommend this school to anyone who is Catholic, and to parents who are looking for a well developed school with good education. There are lots of nice teachers and friends. Thanks!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jkcle
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.