- OUR MISSION Saint John Paul II Academy, located in Boca Raton, Florida, is a Catholic coeducational college preparatory school in the Diocese of Palm Beach following the tradition of Saint John Baptist De La Salle and the Brothers of the Christian Schools.
- Pope John Paul II High School provides a rigorous academic curriculum designed to prepare students for success in college and in life.
- Our faith-based learning community fosters excellence in all programs and enables the spiritual, academic, artistic, and physical development of each student. Dedicated faculty and staff instill the Gospel values of tolerance, concern for the poor, justice, peace, and responsibility while welcoming students of all beliefs and backgrounds.
- OUR PHILOSOPHY Saint John Paul II Academy fulfills its mission to form students in the Catholic faith using the Gospel as its guide. The life of the school is centered on the teaching of Christ and the essential elements of Lasallian educational practice. Informed by Saint John Baptist De La Salle, the Brothers of the Christian Schools and lay colleagues at Saint John Paul II Academy provide a diverse community of young men and women with a broad and balanced human and Christian education through programs that promote leadership, achievement, and service within school, church, and community.Saint John Paul II Academy is a community that promotes a zeal for learning and a respect for individuality. The faculty holds students to high standards of intellectual and moral development, encouraging them to reach their potential and preparing them to face the challenges of the modern world. Campus ministry programs and service opportunities help students develop relationships with God, family, and community. The Saint John Paul II Academy family guides students to grow in mind, body, and spirit, encouraging them to become good citizens of the world and ambassadors of Christ and the Kingdom of God. Through caring relationships, students are called to live Lasallian values, develop their full potential, respect all life, and pursue action that brings spiritual, academic, and personal goals to fruition.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||431 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language & Composition III, English Literature & Composition IV, Human Geography, Italian Language, Psychology, Spanish Language, United States History, US Government & Politics, World History|
|Average SAT score||1595|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,350|
|Tuition Notes||Standard Tuition Rate (Non-Catholic) $12,350 Catholic Parish Member Tuition Rate $11,350.00, Registration Fee $625.00, Technology /Content Fee $600.00, Activity Fee $425.00 Graduation Fee|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Barbara Harbin|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Roseanne Mulholland|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chinese Club, DECA, French Club, Future Business Leaders of America Club, History Club, Italian Club, Model UN, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, SADD, Science/Doctors of Tomorrow, Spanish Club, Student Government, TV Production Club, Thespian Troupe Art Club, Chinese Club, DECA, French Club, History Club, Italian Club, Model UN, Mu Alpha Theta, SADD, Spanish Club, Future Business Leaders of America Club,
National Honor Society,
Science/Doctors of Tomorrow,
TV Production Club,
The vision of Saint John Paul II Academy is to be an educational leader inspired by the moral and spiritual teachings of Saint John Baptist De La Salle. This is accomplished by:
- Promoting a spiritual environment that acknowledges the diversity of different religious traditions and the responsibility to use these values as a basis for service to others and the betterment of society.
- Committing programs and resources for service of the poor.
- Encouraging and recognizing excellence in its students and faculty.
- Providing an atmosphere conducive to learning and creativity for students and faculty.
- Creating a caring Lasallian community environment which includes students, parents, teachers, administrators, staff and alumni.
- Providing a spirit of collaboration among administration, staff, teachers, parents and students.
- Valuing the uniqueness of each student and making every effort to meet his or her needs.
- Developing young men and women who demonstrate the highest standard of educational, moral and spiritual preparation who are ready to embark on the challenges of today's society.
- Developing self-confidence in our students.
- Promoting the image of the school in a manner that exemplifies the values that are emphasized and taught therein.
- Helping all members of the Academy Community to deepen not only their relationship with the Lord but also their participation in their local church.
- Establishing and maintaining a leadership position in the integration of technology to enhance student achievement.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Delray BeachGrades: PK-12
6200 Linton Blvd.
Delray Beach, FL 33484
Fort LauderdaleGrades: 9-12 | 1128 students
2900 Ne 47th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
West Palm BeachGrades: 9-12 | 688 students
512 Spencer Dr
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Fort LauderdaleGrades: 9-12 | 2194 students
2801 Sw 12th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Boca RatonGrades: PK-12 | 571 students
470 NW 4th Ave.
Boca Raton, FL 33432