Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
- MISSION STATEMENT Saint Mary’s High School, an integral part of the ministry of St. Mary’s Parish, is a Roman Catholic, coeducational community guided by the message of the Gospel in its commitment to nurturing each individual, engendering respect for the dignity of the human person, and maintaining the highest standards of academic excellence. ACCREDITATION St. Mary’s is a parish school owned and operated by the Church of Saint Mary, Manhasset which is within the Diocese of Rockville Centre. It is chartered and registered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York and by the State Education Department.
- St. Mary’s is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- It is also a member of the College Entrance Examination Board, the National Catholic Education Association and the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||800 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Michael Ryan|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBadminton, Baseball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Athletes Helping Athletes, Band Club, Bible Club, Campus Ministry, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Computer/Networking Club, Environmental Awareness, Italian Club, Literary Magazine, Mixed Martial Arts Club, Mock Trial, Music Club, Performing Arts, Project Rebuild, Retreat Leaders, School Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Student Council, Yearbook Art Club, Band Club, Bible Club, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Italian Club, Mock Trial, Music Club, Spanish Club, Yearbook, Athletes Helping Athletes,
Mixed Martial Arts Club,
- Founded in 1949, Saint Mary’s High School was first staffed by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and Diocesan priests. The first classes were held in the parish elementary school. The following year, 150 boys and girls continued their studies in the new high school building erected on the campus; later that year the Marist Brothers arrived. We honor our founding principals, Mother M. Annette and Brother Nicholas Mary, who set the foundation of the Saint Mary’s High School education that has guided and served the school for over 60 years.
- Empowering Character, Innovation, and Leadership in our students, Saint Mary’s High School is a dynamic, contemporary, Catholic value centered school, combining a commitment to academic excellence and educational innovation, with a passion for learning, and an emphasis on moral character development through the pursuit of truth as discovered in faith and reason. Saint Mary’s transforms the lives of its students and our community through the power of learning and academic excellence, preparing young people to assume a life of integrity, academic success, career fulfillment and service to the community.
- St. Mary’s is located off Northern Boulevard on Clapham Avenue and Second Street in Manhasset. The high school facilities provide its students with the use of 42 classrooms, state-of-the-art science labs including two biology centers, two chemistry, one earth science, and one physics laboratories, three computer rooms, a library, two gymnasiums each with locker room facilities, two art studios, an auditorium, two cafeterias, and an all-weather soccer/lacrosse athletic field with a track. The parish has made its church available for all school liturgies and prayer services.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HicksvilleGrades: 9-12 | 950 students
98 Cherry Ln
Hicksville, NY 11801
UniondaleGrades: 6-12 | 2551 students
1400 Glenn Curtiss Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
Glen HeadGrades: 6-12 | 596 students
131 Brookville Road
Glen Head, NY 11545
FlushingGrades: 9-12 | 940 students
26-20 Francis Lewis Blvd
Flushing, NY 11358
Fresh MeadowsGrades: 9-12 | 2600 students
6100 Francis Lewis Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.