The mission of Saint Virgil Academy (SVA) is to inspire a passion for learning, a joy for living and a love for Jesus Christ. SVA is a learning community dedicated to the education and faith formation of each student in a nurturing environment. This sense of security allows individual students to learn and grow at their own pace, which maximizes student achievement and success.
The Saint Virgil faculty provides learning experiences where children can explore and discover the world in which they live.
These experiences encourage students to become lifelong learners because the children experience the excitement of education.
As students achieve academic success, they become more confident.
This self-confidence will enhance their continued learning experience as they grow in faith and knowledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Coalition of Girls
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Discount applied for multiple children. Preschool rates differ based on schedule (e.g., days/week, full/half day program).|
|Admissions Director||Nora Fischer|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Serving, Art, Cheerleading, Cub and Girl Scouting, Fencing, Forensics, Golf, Instrumental Music, Spring Musical, Tennis Altar Serving, Art, Cheerleading, Fencing, Forensics, Golf, Spring Musical, Tennis, Cub and Girl Scouting,
- Quantitative results can be seen in our impressive standardized test scores and in our students’ report cards. Qualitative results shine through in the form of motivated, productive, confident students. Here’s what is moving SVA ahead of the pack:
- RIGOROUS ACADEMICS – FIRST AND FOREMOST Every school has to meet certain curriculum standards. SVA meets those standards and then reaches beyond.
- One of the Best Student-Teacher Ratios in Area
- Curriculum aligned with the Common Core State Standards
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Education Subject-Specific Enrichment and Support for All Students
- Instruction in Art, Music, Spanish, Latin, Computers, Physical Education
- FAITH FORMATION – INTRICATELY WOVEN We are a Catholic school. SVA embraces its faith and uses it to help shape tomorrow’s leaders.
- Daily 7:50 AM Morning Prayer & Scripture
- Weekly and Holy Day Mass Attendance
- Catholic Social Teaching and Service
- Christmas Pageant, May Crowning and Other Special Liturgies
- CREATIVE LEARNING – NUMEROUS APPROACHES Children learn in different ways. SVA celebrates this diversity by employing various teaching methods.
- Montessori Approach for Early Childhood Center (Learn through Discovery & Inventive Play)
- Hands-On Learning Experiences through Special Events, Engineering Design Projects, Collaborative Book Studies, Robotics, and More
- Exploration Laboratory: A Classroom Devoted to Investigation, Discovery and Creativity
- Technology Platform that Rivals all Local Public, Private and Parochial Schools
- STEM Initiative in Partnership with Stevens Institute of Technology and Picatinny Arsenal
- CONFIDENCE BUILDING – BEYOND THE CLASSROOM Being encouraged to explore new things builds character. SVA provides a safe “testing ground” & offers many activities.
- Competitive Sporting Program, 3rd Grade & Up
- Cheerleading, Beginning as Early as Pre-School
- Emphasis on Oral Presentations & Written Works
- Clubs Like Forensics, Fencing, Scouting, Newspaper, Altar Serving and Band
- Performing Arts, with a Full-Production Musical
- “Junior Vikings” Program for Our Younger Athletes
- WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT – A FAMILY ATMOSPHERE All those who desire a quality, Catholic education shall be provided one. SVA’s tuition rates are highly competitive and financial assistance is available (no sending parish fee shall be imposed)—every family is welcome.
- Extensive Opportunities for Parental Involvement and School Family Socialization
Profile last updated: 05/05/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ParsippanyGrades: PK-12 | 163 students
Po Box 5365
Parsippany, NJ 07054
MendhamGrades: K-8 | 235 students
8 W Main St
Mendham, NJ 07945
DenvilleGrades: PK-8 | 259 students
Denville, NJ 07834
ParsippanyGrades: NS-8 | 264 students
189 Baldwin Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054
MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
21 Cutler Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.