Grades: K-9 | 26 students
- Sakkara Youth Institute Independent School was founded by three intrepid and innovative thinkers Sharon Ames-Dennard, Ph.D., Dana Dennard, Ph.D., and Kha Dennard, Ed.D. Our school is named after the Sakkara Complex located in Ancient Kemet.
- It was the first institute of higher learning on the continent.
- It translates into a place where enlightenment dwells.
- In this millennium, the future will belong to those who prepare for it today.
- Consequently, it is imperative that we cultivate youth development.
- Sakkara Youth Institute is a college preparatory educational facility designed to prepare children to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
- SYI is unique in its high expectations, culturally sensitive strategies and developmentally appropriate materials.
- Our primary mission is to develop SYI students into competent, caring, and contributing members of society.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TallahasseeGrades: PK-6 | 57 students
406 N Bronough St
Tallahassee, FL 32301
TallahasseeGrades: PK-12 | 583 students
3000 N Meridian Road
Tallahassee, FL 32312
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.