- San Francisco Day School educates, nurtures and inspires girls and boys of diverse backgrounds to achieve their highest academic and creative potential, to embrace ethical values and to become active contributors to their communities.
- Students acquire the skills of life-long learners, well equipped for the world beyond the Day School.
- They have command of the essential skills of reading, writing, speaking, computing and problem solving.
- Teachers foster an active and comfortable learning environment in their classrooms.
- They teach students to think deeply, evaluate and synthesize information, communicate their ideas effectively, and develop their creativity within a rich and varied curriculum.
- Faculty develop innovative approaches to curriculum, based upon current educational research, best practices, and knowledge of state and national standards.
- Students are encouraged to make judgments based on ethical principles that honor the values of equity and justice; they learn the importance of kindness, caring, and support toward and for one another.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||407 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 266 students
1555 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
3839 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
San FranciscoGrades: NS-8 | 276 students
300 Gaven St
San Francisco, CA 94134
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 192 students
1387 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 310 students
2938 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94115