Grades: PK-8 | 310 students
- Celebrating over 35 years, San Francisco Waldorf School is a leader in Waldorf education in North America.
- Academic excellence, social responsibility, and a recognition of each student's gifts are the guiding educational ideals at San Francisco Waldorf School.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||310 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Jackie Holm (K-Gr.8)|
|Admissions Associate||Emily Daniel|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||math club math club,|
- Highly trained teachers are dedicated to helping students reach their individual potential.
- The curriculum is carefully designed to engage students at each stage of their development.
- Students learn through direct experience and artistic expression is integrated across subjects.
- Movement and outdoor education programs complement classroom learning.
- A unique dual-language studies track in Mandarin and Spanish runs through the grades.
- Our high school campus is located at 470 West Portal Avenue: www.sfwhs.org.
Profile last updated: 04/28/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 441 students
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 266 students
1555 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 402 students
7070 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94121
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 430 students
250 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 410 students
3065 Jackson St
San Francisco, CA 94115
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.