Grades: 8-12 | 10 students
- In 1991, San Mar was licensed by the Department of Human Resources as a Licensed Child Placement Agency.
- Shortly thereafter, a program of Treatment Foster Care was begun as a means of initially providing nurturing and caring homes to girls no longer needing the high level of structure provided by the group home at San Mar Children Home.
- This quickly expanded to serve both boys, and younger girls who had never been in residential care.
- San Mar recruits, trains, licenses, supports, and encourages families willing to open their home and share their family with a child in need.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BladensburgGrades: 9-12 | 570 students
5715 Emerson Street
Bladensburg, MD 20710
KensingtonGrades: 9-12 | 550 students
4920 Strathmore Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
HyattsvilleGrades: 9-12 | 9 students
4901 Eastern Avenue
Hyattsville, MD 20782
HagerstownGrades: KG-12 | 34 students
17618 Virginia Ave
Hagerstown, MD 21740
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.