|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||615 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||82 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1759|
|Average ACT score||26|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 10 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,420|
|Tuition Notes||for 2013-2014|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,319|
|Admissions Director||Laura Fitzpatrick|
|Admissions Associate||Kristi Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Bowling, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus, Greendevils Environmental Club, Instrumental Ensemble, International Thespian Club, Jazz Band, La Chispa literary magazine, Middle School Helping Hands community service club, Mock Trial, Model U.N., National Honor Society, Native American Sandia Prep Alliance, Outdoor Leadership Program, Sandglass yearbook, Sandia Prep Radio International, Sandia Prep Times student newspaper, Student Government Association, Supercomputing Challenge, Theater, Upper School One Direction community service club, World Language Alliance Chorus, Jazz Band, Mock Trial, Model U.N., Theater, Greendevils Environmental Club,
International Thespian Club,
La Chispa literary magazine,
Middle School Helping Hands community service club,
National Honor Society,
Native American Sandia Prep Alliance,
Outdoor Leadership Program,
Sandia Prep Radio International,
Sandia Prep Times student newspaper,
Student Government Association,
Upper School One Direction community service club,
World Language Alliance,
- At Sandia Prep –
- We offer extraordinary academics within an exceptional college prep program.
- Our advanced curriculum offers higher level classes than AP.
- We offer small classes, with a 7.5 to 1 student-teacher ratio.
- We offer outstanding college counseling, with a 28 to 1 student-counselor ratio; many schools strive for a 45 to 1 ratio.
- We help your child develop as a whole person and an individual.
- 10 Things We Believe
- 1. Educating is not a job; it is a calling.
- 2. Education is about the students. Their needs always come first.
- 3. The measure of our successis how we treat our most challenged student on his or her worst day.
- 4. We must approach our work with confidence, not arrogance. We offer no apologies and make no comparisons.
- 5. Independence defines us as a school.
- 6. The great challengeof teaching at Sandia Prep is to meet each student where he or she is as a learner.
- 7. Teaching is not about us as faculty; we are senior partners — part of a teamthat includes students and parents.
- 8. Sandia Prep faculty members teach young people; the subject matter is simply a tool.
- 9. We must find ways to nurture and supportseemingly difficult students, colleagues and parents.
- 10. Our goal is to teach students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
- Sandia Prep's Vision:
- We will inspire our students to discover their purposes in the world by:Developing essential skills and intellectual potential through challenging academics;Cultivating a socially responsible environment of innovation and creativity; andEngaging as a vibrant community for the betterment of society.
Profile last updated: 03/26/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlbuquerqueGrades: 6-12 | 550 students
4000 Learning Rd Nw
Albuquerque, NM 87120
AlbuquerqueGrades: PK-12 | 1432 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
AlbuquerqueGrades: 6-12 | 1121 students
6400 Wyoming Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
AlbuquerqueGrades: 6-12 | 186 students
301 Menaul Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
OrangeGrades: NS-12 | 162 students
4100 E. Walnut Avenue
Orange, CA 92869